Nerfs need to be explicitly posted in patch notes

I have seen several people ask, what happened to this or that with nothing listed in the patch notes about a nerf, but sure enough, it’s no longer live.

My example is damage over time affix has been removed from bows, but there has been nothing posted about it in patch notes. I’ve been experimenting with a frostbite marksman that just got nerfed into the ground with that change, it honestly makes me want to stop playing. Not because I’m upset about losing the damage, but because I had no explanation why, nor do I know if there was any recompense (eg. We’ve removed DoT from Bows, but increased the maximum DoT on affixes in general, or whatever) so that I could re-configure my character.

This is honestly such a huge change that any other AARPG would list in their patch notes, for it not to be there makes me wonder how many other changes just aren’t listed because EH is affraid they would not be popular? I don’t know, I’d love to hear their thoughts behind it.

I am currently not in game, but I don’t think they removed that affix from bows.

Did you run out of affix shards and just can’t find it in the list anymore?

If they really removed that ann forgot to include that in the patch notes that’s most likely just an oversight.

The patch was huge and creating patch notes is a huge task, that can easily lead to things missing or being incorrect.

1 Like

Damage over time can still be put on a bow. What do you think was nerfed?
https://imgur.com/M3eD4uP

2 Likes

Blockquote Damage over time can still be put on a bow. What do you think was nerfed?

Yo, they ninja patched it back in. I’ve been disappointed for two days. I had a decent base to test it on from a couple weeks ago before the patch.

It might be a bug related to the new crafting interface or you did run out of shards.

So they removed it without adding it to the patch notes then added it back in, also without patch notes?

5 Likes

I think he made a silly.

1 Like

This same post exists on the subreddit as well and it is explained there.

1 Like

ALL NERFS SHOULD BE EXPLICITLY STATED IN PATCH NOTES : LastEpoch in case anyone wants to see that thread and the explanation without searching for it.

OP ran out of shards, if you can’t even be bothered to click the link. :slight_smile:

Ah, it was one of “those” stealth nerfs…

2 Likes

The end of their reddit post:

“However, I’m leaving this up because I do believe they have nerfed things without stating them in patch notes.”

Without going into further detail what other ‘stealth’ nerfs there have been…

1 Like

Think that’s /thread, lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.