Need HELP deciding to purchase Last Epoch

Sadly no , I think its a EU steam thing.
I did check many times if it was on steam offer, seems never was never be till after release.

And not having a trading system yet.Don’t think trade will change much the core gameplay/feel of a good loot system.
Keep in mind I wouldn’t dislike so much buying upgrades if it comes from me selling loot i found.
More on point is the saying " Best items should DROP not being crafted "
is what I’m looking for.

Crafting should always be a side thing making some decent drops “work” but never liked crafting being the only way to get best upgrades.
When that happens what is the point in picking up items .

The best items (Exalted items with T6-7 affixes) currently are drop only. You can only craft affix up to T5.

Yeah I understand that part but was watching some stream and some people said
that an item to have all mods tier 6-7 is impossible (due to super low chances )

At that point a crafted item even if its 80-90% of a perfect item is still MOST used.

I think POE had this problem even before influence/double influence items (this totally killed items in POE as they cannot drop double influence)
People were multimoding items even if it costed a lot and mods range lower than natural drop AKA LE system because the chances to get a better item is close to 0.

Than again depends on the weightings of the mods that I have no clue about or people are exaggerating about the chances to get a 4 tier 7 item .

Hey… Welcome to the forums…

I’m 800h into the game and I live in a third world country so for me I have zero problems recommending the game at $30. In fact, I am enjoying it so much I feel a little guilty at not paying the devs more… :wink:

Two things that are somewhat related that I would have to mention tho:

1. The game is Beta so there is LOTS changing and being added and tested and removed… If you dont like playing a game that can change and mess up a build or require you to rework your character then I wouldnt recommend buying LE right now. I would wait to launch… If you have no problem with beta and change, then great.

2. What kind of hardware are you using? What is your system spec? LE is in beta so its not very well optimised yet so it can have performance issues & performance related instability… Check the system requirements on the support website - if your system is around the recommended spec or faster then you will be fine… Minimim spec is no fun…

Cheers and hope to see you in-game…

They are decent I would say bought it new like 2 years ago when life was great .

And yeah 30$ didn’t used to be a lot for me as well but things changed a lot for me when my wife was pregnant and the firm she was working for didn’t renew her contract just so they don’t have to pay her when she takes that 1 year off for baby .
Will never understand how we evolved to be this hearthless, we humans are just a plague to this once beautiful planet .

Anyway from what I’ve seen and heard is only positives for Last Epoch just wasn’t sure about loot system.
Will see how I can manage my budget and decide if I can really purchase it atm if not then in the future.
Posted this because I’m in that weird Gameless state if you know what I mean.

Will try feeding my thoughts reading some forum posts if I will not be able to purcase it.

1 Like

Thats harsh dude… You have my sympathies…

Hope you are able to find some stability soon…

If you want to really find out about the game here are arguably the best places to go - they obviously have not yet been updated with the huge 0.8.2 content patch that dropped yesterday but they are wonderful resources to understand the game.

UPDATE : Just purchased the game and installing .
Might give it a first try later when baby will fall asleep.

I have huge hopes for this game ,will try to post a first impression after i play a bit end game , with my 1-2 h daily free time atm might take a while .

7 Likes

Pls do so as I would be interested in an opinion from a long time arpg Veteran. What do you think is better compared to other arpgs what do you think could be improved.
Before I forget, welcome to the community.

Hi @Kshu , thank you for your support and welcome to the community. The team and I will continue to provide you content for a long time to come and I hope you get enough entertainment that it’s worth the price. See you in game!

1 Like

Welcome to Eterra

I make your words, myne
I came from poe, and I played for 5 years. I have absolutely no doubt, you not gonna waste your money.

btw, I come from 3 world country too.

Welcome buddy! Happy to hear you’ve decided to buy the game. Please post back with your initial impressions when you get a chance. I did a lot of research before buying but still wasn’t quite sure how it would ‘feel’ to play but am honestly having the most fun I’ve had in a game in many years. Take care and be well.

Thank you a lot to all for the warm welcome.

Look who has a Supporter tag :slightly_smiling_face:

An UPDATE after reading some comments.

Wasnt my intention by any means to say that LE isn’t worth 30$ or buying in general.

It was in my future plans to purchase it/try it eventually but i had an uncertainty IF
I should purchase it NOW as my family budget is super tight.

Self-thought english so expressing exactly my thoughts always felt a bit hard ,
happened many times to be misinterpreted just wanted to make myself clear now
why I made this post in the first place.

Reading a bit I realized maybe was a bit too personal but its done now so I don’t regret it.
Maybe i was a bit to emotional when I wrote it , I usually tend to be .

3 Likes

Welcome aboard friend!! i dont think you have to worry about that, you are not the only one that is not native, i am not either, i hope you enjoy the game

Well, feeling the same as you, game for me was quite expensive, but i do not regret it. The game has more style like D2 where the mobs are little harder but the maps has less density. Trying to compare, in LE you kill 50mobs, while in POE you kill 200. But the rewards from LE are more certain. While Poe has 300000000 base itens, where 95% are crap. LE even the crappy item has some uses for disenchant.

I play POE every league for 1-2month just to get all content done and around 30 challenges, after thsy i come in to LE. This game is going to be awesome, the creators are working with the community.

So if you can, save little money everyday and buy the game, you can save until the game releases.

Should you buy the game : Yes, of you enjoy a good ARPG

Welcome aboard friend!!

Look if you have the cash and are a gamer support this one. It is very solid. Will it meet all your demands, probably not. I have issues with it but those are minor ones I dont even discuss.

I have wasted money on Star Citizen and dont regret it. I pulled out years ago when to many promises were broken. Sucks but that is the rub. I also have put alot into PoE and dont regret it even if it is on the downward trend for me personally.

If you dont have the spare cash dont spend it. Family first. Bills. Etc.

Is the game worth it. So far yes. And from what I have seen it isnt the same ballpark as Star Citizen still is (imho). And the community is solid.

Hey @Kshu, welcome to Eterra!
Best purchase ever, I have over 700h and still haven’t seen even half of the content.

Hi
Sorry for question, but when will be next sale? I missed sale on Nexus, I wasn’t at home and when I back it was off-my wrong I thought it should be to midnight not to 19.00. I’d like to play, test it especially Wolcen isn’t so good as I think can be LE. I have Wolcen from premiere, POE is too big and too complex for me, I need looking for build to play the POE.
Full price is a lot expensive for me. I’d like to see discount.
Ok, I’ll wait for sale, I wish a game will be good rival for D2 R. It’s promising.

Can anybody tell me how can I use details in the game in my Ryzen 3600 + gtx 1660ti ? I saw there is a problem with optimization.

Greetings and sorry for my English/any mistakes, it’s not my native.
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.