My point on future improvements for official release

Good morning,

Since every big streamer name on youtube has been advertising this game i decided to give it a go and bought it.
Honestly, i believe the game for the official release still needs the following:

• Better character and mob models.
  • Better combat animations.
  • Get rid of the gender lock system, this for me just doesn’t make any sense whatsoever, in fact it doesn’t make any sense in any game but moving on.
  • A well made tutorial on the crafting system and all the itemisation, not a brick of a text wall but a ingame tutorial.
  • Simplify a bit more the crafting system to be less complex for players that aren’t into the complex systems.

All in all the game is between the average and good and on the right track not great but a bit above average.
I would give it a 5.5 out of 10, as it is right now, i cant recommend it because it just isnt good enough to keep coming to play, it didnt gave me that urge to keep logging.
With D4 on the horizon in june, it makes me wonder how far this will go, it will attract its number of players, i have no doubt on that but with a price of 35€ i believe the cost its too steep for the quality of the game as it is, something around 15€-20€ would be fairer.
Its my personal buyer opinion and its worth, what’s worth, nevertheless its just my 2 cents atm i still prefer to play D3, have way more fun with it.

Best reguards,

1 Like

Welcome to the LE Forums.

A lot of the points you brought up are commonly brought up within the community.
But I wanted to point out a few things.

This is something the devs working on tirelessly. A lot of the stuff already improved a lot, but there are probably more things to come before 1.0

But I highly doubt that some of the already improved skills and overhauled monsters that came in 0.9 would get touched again.

A lot of people are on the same line with you, but this is not an easy thing to do.

Also the statement “It doesn’t make sense at all” is also not fair, because there are reason to specifically not allow fully customizable characters.

There are countless of posts in the main thread about it.

Back in the day EHG had a lot less resources and allowing this from the get go would mean tremendous amounts of extra work. Things like: Opening cinematic, voice overs, 3D models, animations etc.

So it does make a lot of sense to cope with their limited resources.

EHG showed that they are willing to implement more options, but it will take time and resources and will not come before 1.0.

Agreed, tutroialisation is a big part, but it also needs to be simple enough and show not teach every single detail about every system.
There should still be things that the player need to figure out on their own.

That is actually quite a different stance, that I have not heard that often.
The most common consense about LE’s crafting is, that it is easy and straight forward.
In my opinion it even lacks some more interesting and intricate options for later endgame. (More Uncommon/Rare Glyphs and Runes)

That is interesting and probably explains your stance on the complexity of the LE crafting system.

I think a large portion of the audience, that LE is made for, are people that feel like D3 is too simple and PoE is too complex/daunting.

Hello Mcastelo,

• Better character and mob models.

We are currently in the stage of updating enemy models! We are slowly working out way to replace all old or models that don’t meet our standard level of quality.

• Better combat animations.

Is there certain combat animations that are you are not happy with? If you provide examples, I bring it up with our animation team. Bringing specific examples is the best way we can address these problems going forward.

• A well made tutorial on the crafting system and all the itemisation, not a brick of a text wall but a ingame tutorial.

This is something that we have talked about internally. This problem has been brought up by multiple other players as well. We hear you, we will discuss ways to address this problem in the future.

1 Like

You have to factor in Diablo IV has no end game, no builds, and piss poor itemization.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.