My interest has waned

I’m totally with this, +1.

It’s ok to be sad, not like some things, but OP please Just take a breathe before some thoughts…

The one thing that is constantly praised by many players, not only here, I follow LE reddit community,
It’s almost like OP is trying to dismiss some serious talk about the game.

1 Like

I’m not sure why you think I didn’t.

You need the weak so that the strong feel good…

Let’s say you had candies, and immediately try a new candy after the first ones, it won’t feel so sweet as it should.
But if you had something bitter or sour In mouth, this same candy will feel much more sweeter now.

Constantly giving good to great itens to player will take away the emotion and thrill of getting better things

You are talking as this is some issue with the game, and it’s not. I think it’s more about you and the way you take enjoyment from the game.

The way itens scalate is in a good spot too, IMO.

From all the issues the game need to improve, and I know the game need some attention in some areas and I’m constantly giving suggestions, but you are nitpicking about things that are already well balanced …

1 Like

I can’t decide which way to respond to this so I’ll just say both.

1. No, you don’t. It’s completely possible (and advisable) to build a system lean and populate it with only viable choices instead of stuffing the empty spaces with garbage.
  2. That already exists in the form of Item Quality/Item Level. Forest Axes are significantly weaker than Bardiches, as I’ve already described.

Ok, sense nobody else has said this I will chime in.

The white and blue items are important as you level because the yellow items don’t drop until a little later and you can’t normally equip them as they have affixes (or level of affixes) that you have to be higher level to equip.

I do think that white a blue should be automatically pared down in the drops (if not totally eliminated eventually) when you get higher level. That however is an opinion and the loot filter can be set up to do this for you.

Yellow items can drop at any level. I know this because on my most recent character, the first item I found was yellow.

The loot filter only hides them, not keeps them from dropping.

But try to get any use out of upgrading them at the lower level, it won’t help you much so white and blue still provide the best for you at those low levels.

Yes, I understand that but it still keeps you from having to deal with them. Of course if the drops were yellow or higher then you “might” want to see them, but then again probably not.

Oh hey, that’s awesome. I wonder how he got enough of them to actually create that data.

1 Like

I tested the crafting system before and after and found that the old system was basically the new system, only it gave 1-2 fewer upgrades before an item stopped being upgrade-able. This is before taking Glyph of Hope into account.

There was fundamentally no other differences, except that you had fewer options on how to upgrade things.

1 Like

Farmed. A lot. LOLFOF! Plus, if I remember the video he says something about a data scrape that helped to confirm it? Although I may be misremembering on that, been a few weeks since I watched it.

1 Like

I think that is fairly obvious, given the absurd drop chances for LP on the rare(r) unqiues. “Hey, we put this really awesome, and powerful, stuff in the game, but really don’t want anyone getting it.”

reading some of the past news again, I think they needed to nerf somethings (LP potential) so that they could balance the new factions system (improved chance to get drops with LP with CoF)

You kinda do have to though. How do you know that X is a good drop? Because it’s better than Y.

Those are side-grades, not upgrades. GW2 (& 1 I think) has lots of them but I’m not sure many arpgs do. I’m not sure I’d want a loot-focussed arpg with that kind of itemisation.

Only if you are significantly under levelled in the campaign.

Yup, that and it (the new system) didn’t feel quite as bad when it ran out of radting juice. I said this back in the day.

Except Vapourfire was replying to a comment about crafting being designed to slow down item acquisition and break items, not uniques/legendaries, here’s what he was replying to incase you missed it:

As you can see, that has nothing to do with what you’re implying Vapour was talking about.

Not sure they’ve done that yet.

I swear I thought I have read one of you veterans talking about it :joy::joy:
If I’m not mistaken someone said the current LP chance is crappy compared to patch before multiplayer…

From a personal perspective I am also seeing it kinda nerfed…

Pretty sure it’s a misconception from reading that we will reduce base drop rates when we release the item factions which will make the overall drop rates higher.

3 Likes

Thanks for enlightenment :saluting_face:

I can only hope you and the team receive all sorts of blessings from the gods of Eterra. May Rahyeh, Eterra, Lagoon, Heorot and even Majasa light the way and soften your hearts to give us a sweet LP chance in uniques :joy::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::pray::pray:

The value of any drop is determined by how well it fits your playstyle, not its relative value compared to a sea of trash that you never even looked at because it wasn’t a high enough rarity and had no potential to become anything worth using.

I’ve been replaying the Borderlands series recently with some friends and we’ve got a mod that forces higher quality at certain level breakpoints. Past Level 20, White gear no longer appears. After 40, Green is gone. Once you hit 60, common Blues get cut, and as a result the only rarity you’ll see is Purple or better unless you’re target-farming a Unique. It’s an absolute game-changer, and it rules.

Are we drowning in good, viable gear? Yes. Do we use all of it? No, because there’s still Part Builds at play. Just because we frequently find Hellfires or Skullmashers or Butchers doesn’t mean that they’re going to be worth using because the random allocation of stats doesn’t guarantee anything. However, their commonality guarantees that they’re going to be available, and playstyles built around them come online more reliably.

It’s completely possible to build a system that provides the player with many good options and still retain the feel of the classic ARPG itemization.

Crafting in LE is completely overpowered to the point the player has so much luck to sway you can sit at the vendor buying blue items with 15FP with 2x T2/T3 affixes and brute force your way to a T4/4/4/4 item using Discovery then slamming Hopes. You wont be able to do this on a new league but after you accumulate hundreds of Hope glyphs this is meaningless

You can pick up a rare chest armor with 2 good prefixes/2 bad suffixes and immediately use a Chaos rune for Hybrid/Health suffixes, then Hope glyphs to slam to T20 and still have 6-7FP left on a fully perfect crafted item. Dont even get me started on Exalted items with 40FP and the ability to Chaos glyph

Also weapons are pathetically easy to craft in LE

3 Likes

What’s interesting about that is that people took it about as well either way. I said at the time, it was a really interesting social experiment because even though I felt like it wasn’t quite as bad, people didn’t take to it immediately. Kinda wish there was polling data to see if the approval of the system has improved since then.

Also, that second thing you’re responding to is itself a response. That’s actually my own position I’m asserting, not something about his position. I was basically reasserting what I said earlier.

1 Like

That’s more of an opinion than a statement of fact. It takes hundreds of hours to fully upgrade a specific item, especially if you’re targeting a specific item type for a particular slot. That’s no small chunk of time for a regular person. Unless you want to be stuck playing two or three times as long as it takes to level up your character, you’ll mostly stick with what’s decent that the game drops for you. I suspect that’s what everyone does for the most part.