My interest has waned

Farmed. A lot. LOLFOF! Plus, if I remember the video he says something about a data scrape that helped to confirm it? Although I may be misremembering on that, been a few weeks since I watched it.

1 Like

I think that is fairly obvious, given the absurd drop chances for LP on the rare(r) unqiues. “Hey, we put this really awesome, and powerful, stuff in the game, but really don’t want anyone getting it.”

reading some of the past news again, I think they needed to nerf somethings (LP potential) so that they could balance the new factions system (improved chance to get drops with LP with CoF)

You kinda do have to though. How do you know that X is a good drop? Because it’s better than Y.

Those are side-grades, not upgrades. GW2 (& 1 I think) has lots of them but I’m not sure many arpgs do. I’m not sure I’d want a loot-focussed arpg with that kind of itemisation.

Only if you are significantly under levelled in the campaign.

Yup, that and it (the new system) didn’t feel quite as bad when it ran out of radting juice. I said this back in the day.

Except Vapourfire was replying to a comment about crafting being designed to slow down item acquisition and break items, not uniques/legendaries, here’s what he was replying to incase you missed it:

As you can see, that has nothing to do with what you’re implying Vapour was talking about.

Not sure they’ve done that yet.

I swear I thought I have read one of you veterans talking about it :joy::joy:
If I’m not mistaken someone said the current LP chance is crappy compared to patch before multiplayer…

From a personal perspective I am also seeing it kinda nerfed…

Pretty sure it’s a misconception from reading that we will reduce base drop rates when we release the item factions which will make the overall drop rates higher.

3 Likes

Thanks for enlightenment :saluting_face:

I can only hope you and the team receive all sorts of blessings from the gods of Eterra. May Rahyeh, Eterra, Lagoon, Heorot and even Majasa light the way and soften your hearts to give us a sweet LP chance in uniques :joy::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::pray::pray:

The value of any drop is determined by how well it fits your playstyle, not its relative value compared to a sea of trash that you never even looked at because it wasn’t a high enough rarity and had no potential to become anything worth using.

I’ve been replaying the Borderlands series recently with some friends and we’ve got a mod that forces higher quality at certain level breakpoints. Past Level 20, White gear no longer appears. After 40, Green is gone. Once you hit 60, common Blues get cut, and as a result the only rarity you’ll see is Purple or better unless you’re target-farming a Unique. It’s an absolute game-changer, and it rules.

Are we drowning in good, viable gear? Yes. Do we use all of it? No, because there’s still Part Builds at play. Just because we frequently find Hellfires or Skullmashers or Butchers doesn’t mean that they’re going to be worth using because the random allocation of stats doesn’t guarantee anything. However, their commonality guarantees that they’re going to be available, and playstyles built around them come online more reliably.

It’s completely possible to build a system that provides the player with many good options and still retain the feel of the classic ARPG itemization.

Crafting in LE is completely overpowered to the point the player has so much luck to sway you can sit at the vendor buying blue items with 15FP with 2x T2/T3 affixes and brute force your way to a T4/4/4/4 item using Discovery then slamming Hopes. You wont be able to do this on a new league but after you accumulate hundreds of Hope glyphs this is meaningless

You can pick up a rare chest armor with 2 good prefixes/2 bad suffixes and immediately use a Chaos rune for Hybrid/Health suffixes, then Hope glyphs to slam to T20 and still have 6-7FP left on a fully perfect crafted item. Dont even get me started on Exalted items with 40FP and the ability to Chaos glyph

Also weapons are pathetically easy to craft in LE

3 Likes

What’s interesting about that is that people took it about as well either way. I said at the time, it was a really interesting social experiment because even though I felt like it wasn’t quite as bad, people didn’t take to it immediately. Kinda wish there was polling data to see if the approval of the system has improved since then.

Also, that second thing you’re responding to is itself a response. That’s actually my own position I’m asserting, not something about his position. I was basically reasserting what I said earlier.

1 Like

That’s more of an opinion than a statement of fact. It takes hundreds of hours to fully upgrade a specific item, especially if you’re targeting a specific item type for a particular slot. That’s no small chunk of time for a regular person. Unless you want to be stuck playing two or three times as long as it takes to level up your character, you’ll mostly stick with what’s decent that the game drops for you. I suspect that’s what everyone does for the most part.

I disagree and although its based on RNG, you eventually win and it does not take ‘hundreds of hours’ to get a T20 item or even a very very good item you have a chance very often actually, as good gear drops frequently and Chaos glyphs have no other use at all. For example my loot filter for chest armor:

‘Rare only’
‘Has 2 minimum of affix’
‘Only shows base type with Int/Vitality/Health/Health%’

So a chest only drops rare (decent FP), has 2 rolls already I want. typically you will find something like ‘Int/Vitality/Lightning resist/Void res or Endurance’ then you just hit the resistances with Chaos glyphs and hope for Health/Health% and thats it…

If you Chaos the Lightning, it cannot roll Lightning or Void, so you eliminated those affixes, its roughly 15-20% chance to hit Health or Health%, once you hit one you cannot hit it again, you have locked it in, ive hit T5 health on a Chaos from T4 quite a few times

Everytime a Chaos glyph drops and a decent piece of gear also drops, the game is begging you to try your luck which is actually all the time, if you arent taking advantage of one of the most commonly dropped items in the game thats sole use is to gamble on gear and you havent done this then dont know what else to say other than actually try it

You would probably cringe at some of the gear I just threw on the floor after a failed Chaos as it didnt hit T5 Int/Vit/Health/Health%

1 Like

Why only rare, and not exalted?

It certainly does. I described earlier a little bit as to why. There’s simply too many things that have to happen with how Exalted items drop before you can even justify crafting them, and crafting the item to completion is maybe a 10%, possibly 20% chance of success, depending on how many upgrades are needed and how much forging potential you started with.

I’ve played 680 hours and I’ve only gotten close a couple of times. I don’t think any of my mostly completed Exalted items are even close to optimized, if you were to check things like stat value per tier, implicit ranges, what tier Glyph of Despair was applied to, etc. And I certainly wasn’t targeting any of them while grinding levels.

Lol. Same. I shatter crafts that are T20+ often - purely because I got unlucky on a single Chaos and missed the one affix I needed. After playing for so long, I too have my “preferred” affixes on specific bases with certain implicits and if it doesnt “hit” then I just junk it and move on. Willing to bet other players would cry seeing what I shatter after a few minutes of crafting. Only exception to this is saving things for legendaries.

I think its all because I know I will have another chance to try again later so I dont really care if a craft fails - I’ll have more drops soon, and I have sussed out what I think is my optimal way to craft. I will/must admit tho, having played for so long does play into this perception a huge amount. A new player is likely to get frustrated trying to force the issue when the RNGods are playing chess with their souls…

2 Likes

Monolith of Fate In-And-Out: Disagree, the rewards are worthwhile. I’ve never even considered going in-and-out of mono echoes to be a nuisance… Seems fine to me, quick and easy. I like it.

Not Exalted Enough: Disagree, exalteds are plentiful… I get tons and tons, far more than I could ever need… Not sure what issue you’re having with your loot filters, but I have no problem getting exalted. Sounds like a filter issue.

Underpowered Crafting: whites and blues do matter, at low levels… You can craft blues into any yellow you want, essentially … Crafting is super useful and effective on any item rarity.

Lack of Shard Auto-Gather Option: shards are items not currency, therefore no auto-pickup… You’re complaining about QOL in the ARPG with the MOST QOL features of any game in the genre LOL

Resistance Breakpoints: Not really sure what the issue is… Resistances are capped at 75 so that you have to balance the pros and cons of stats, items, and crafting… It’s a constant balance trying to get to 75 resistance (when necessary), while maximizing your other stats too, and not overdoing it on resistances… It makes sense to me, it’s like a minigame for min-maxers, you always want the perfect resistance rolls and mixes, and if you over do it there’s diminishing returns… It’s fun to try and get your stats perfect

2 Likes

The impression I get is it is for a tiny bunch of slot machine addicted masochistic try-hards - perhaps streamers who can justify 10000 hours to make a build vaguely work.

So much salt, bitterness and drama. Are you okay ? <3

3 Likes

Lol, you obviously havent played an asian MMO have you?

Just because “xxx” does it worse doesn’t make yyy better. Though I don’t disagree with you in general.

2 Likes