Multishot Performance in 0.83 - Footage Incl. FPS goes from 60 to 25 and below almost instantly

Multishot performance in 0.83 is very sketchy. I filmed some footage and threw it onto Google Drive.

Multishot Video

Hey there…

Please can you include your player.log, in-game settings file (le_graphicsmanager.ini) and your dxdiag output (assuming windows).

Please can you also include your multishot skill tree… (use imgur to post and link pics here)…

Obviously the beta game has performance related issues but this might be something new considering the size & complexity of the 0.8.3 update…

Can you show me a screenshot of your tree?

Graphics Settings + Build + Training Dummy FPS Drops Footage

If video does not open, its still being processed on google’s end. Usually takes 15 min to process un-compressed videos.

Hope you find performance improvement.

Hey there… Thanks for the vid… its unfortunately only 360p so its pretty hard to see anything but KissingAiur should be able to see the tree and which nodes you have…

(A screenshot of just the multishot tree would be better if you could post it… :wink: )

Do you experience this loss of performance in this specific monolith or in all monolith zones? The one you recorded a massive spike is known to have some issues.

The video was recorded in 1080p. When you upload a video to a google server, it has to process it and create multiple versions (mobile, 360p, 480p, 720p, 1080p) for viewing. Typically the larger format videos take more time. If you go to the settings of the video, you can select 1080p.

The performance loss can be seen in all zones of the game. The first video posted was in a monolith, the second was in the Hideout on the Training Dummy. Both show large fps loss when multishot is activated. Moreover, it seems that the longer multishot is held, the worse the performance dips. This is evident in both videos.

I asked the question above because this particular zone has had issues before. I know you are having performance drops in general but I would like to know if you are getting the same degree of performance drops in other monolith echoes. This information will help determine if the performance drop is linked to Multishot or zone related.

Sorry if my previous reply came off as being rude but yes, I get these issues in other zones as well. Lowering the graphics settings helps a bit but not that much. The spikes are worse in monoliths most likely due to having to process the monsters and high monster density or monster spawns makes it even more worse.

https://imgur.com/a/YqDxNjg

Off topic - Ah… when I checked there was only 360p available in the settings… Dont really like it that they do this bit rate encoding / processing on the server side for something like Drive which is meant to be a storage service… on youtube I definitely understand the need, but seems invasive for them to process the video on Drive… but hey… you learn something new every day I suppose.

Off Topic

All big tech companies are invasive. They use and sell your information for money, improve their algorithms to hook consumers, and regulate content that eventually gets “published” for public viewing on their servers. No way of getting around this. Sadly, the regulation has now gotten extremely political. The internet of the good old days is far gone. I’m just happy I live in a region where there is an actual internet where I can play games and watch content made around the world instead of an intranet run and regulated by some tyrannical Government.

Now if only those GPU prices would go down, the world would be a better place :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.