Multiplayer Progress Update - November 2021

As long as I can eventually leave @Llama8 behind to die while cackling maniacally, I’ll be happy :grin:

On a more serious note, a lot of great stuff in this post! Glad that recent experiences in the gaming community have given perspective and re-examination of those systems. Particularly since this game’s player population will explode once MP Open Beta hits the ground running

1 Like

The right mindset and direction im hearing from a promising great game.

Dont let the haters derail you, keep up the good work.

It’s fair, I did contemplate sending out a more “we don’t have a ton this month” but we are very used to providing dense content updates and this would have been against the norm. Food for thought

1 Like

I think having those more dense content updates is great.

Like the one we just received from you. It contains a ton of information and helps people understand why things happend, the way they did.

But still delivering some more official “We don’t have enough this month to do a monthly MP update” would go a long way IMO.

Especially for people that are not following LE that closely, barely couldn’t find any information.
And if you expect monthly MP update, because you were told they will happen from now on, not receiving them can feel bad for people that want to keep track of the progress without the need of delving deep into the discord and actively search for a possible answers or reasons, why there was no update.

1 Like

Really excited, can’t wait to kill some monsters with all the new friends I’ve made playing LE. Thanks for the update and keeping the community in the loop. Especially letting us know what’s done, in progress and still left to do. That really does mean a lot.

2 Likes

Plus one to this. As long as it doesn’t happen too many consecutive months in a row :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thanks for the update! Take as much time as you need imo, i have faith in the team. Surprised no one mentioned the new models yet in the GIF showcase tho. Looking really goooooood (here’s me secretly hoping opposite genders will be added for each class some time in future).

Aye, add my plus one also! It is better to over-communicate in small increments than to say a dense wall of text in an effort to make up for “lost” content updates. I learned this lesson the hardway at WOTC.

2 Likes

Don’t pull a Wolcen and go with some provider that limits you to “one patch per week”! (I’m not even joking: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - Servers and patches (includes patch 1.0.4.0 changelog) - Steam News)

Definitely have closely watched all recent game releases and learned.

We built out a continuous integration and build delivery system that can scale quickly and regularly builds multiple versions of Epoch all day.

We patch every couple days after releases and that time is just for testing and content to come in.

I think we all support the idea of ​​wanting to do clean multiplayer rather than rushing!

On the other hand, you never talk about trading when talking about multiplayer, which I understand since it is a separate element which is not directly linked to the technical implementation of multiplayer. However, being particularly interested in trading, is this a feature that will come before, at the same time or after the implementation of multiplayer?

1 Like

Спасибо за новость. Надеюсь больше переносов не будет. Надеемся на вас.

there really is a lot to get right. stay on target :slight_smile:
I for one would really like a good system for matchmaking.
being able to quickly find the best group to join is really a really important QoL that i don’t think gets the attention it deserves.
I know that I stopped trying to play MP on Grim Dawn because it was so painful to find an appropriate group.

There’s a gender locked characters thread that has the answer for you.

Guys, guys… meanwhile let’s just enjoy the little view Karv gave us in the last teaser video :wink:

So as I get it you’ve migrated to 3rd party solutions for Chat and User / Game Access and maybe Matchmaking system? Won’t that make LE too dependant on 3rd party companies? Excuse me I 've always defended you as a small indie company but I can’t understand why your network developers can’t at least code the ingame chat system? Doesn’t it tell us they are not qualified enough in network coding and because of that they need to learn in process? Shouldn’t you hire more professional network coders then with experience? Don’t get me wrong I love LE and respect and absolutely love what you are doing on the single player content part but MP delay is just too long. As we can only hope to have alpha tests in Q 1 then we can assume that it is not until late Summer -early Fall 2022 that MP will be fully ready at best…

But it sounds more like they are scrapping some parts that rely on 3rd party service and doing it themselves

If I got it wrong then I’m sorry but

so at least the Chat and User / Game Access will be by 3rd party providers judging by those statements.

Great news, keep up the good work!

Btw, as far as I understand we are playing in single player mode atm, is it known in which countries servers will be hosted?

Some of it will, some won’t. From the sounds of it they’re moving some of the “non-core” (to developing & pushing out content/patches) to 3rd party solutions & bringing other stuff in-house.

If there’s a good solution out there already, why re-invent the wheel.