Multiplayer Progress Update - July 2021

But what if you want to have friendly fire 'cause Heavy someone keeps on ninja-ing your loot?

Just saying @heavy, this is why non-instanced loot is bad.

Edit: Though him getting swarmed by 200 Wraiths that then die & spawn Giant Zombies that explode in his face while giving me ward does sound good… While he’s trying to summon an Abomination or hit me with Harvest/Erasing Strike…

2 Likes

I think for this very reason it would be great. Because otherwise I have to recreate some loot filter rules from my friend manually. So we can help each other to gear. Which wouldn’t be that bad but a more automatic system would be great. Especially in a random party, it would be nice to have.

1 Like

Very well written post, thank you for explaining. Really goes to show all the tiny pieces that have to layer in and fit perfect for all of this to even work. Respect to the team.

The ability to just share your loot filters between each other through discord or email or some other file sharing system doesn’t solve this problem for you?

I normally don’t want to share the whole filter but just some specific rules. You don’t need all the hides and shows probably. Normally you have some very specific recolour filters for good item bases and well rolled items, you want to craft further on.

As I said I preferably want it to be in the game, to have it easier done and more accessible. If I play with a friend we will probably just set up the filter together and adapt it together as we play. But a simple checkbox on the filter which says, share with group just sounds nice to have.

I am more than aware of the downsides of non-instanced loot and i totally get why it’s not the default.

But it should be optioanlly possible to go for it.

I love to active communicate with my friends, who takes what items.

Wow, that’s very exciting. Loved the updates and looking forward to seeing what’s in store.

@EHG_Stanzwar
Will Multiplayer come with integrated Voice Chat?

It’s not currently planned for 1.0. VOIP is it’s own set of servers, hosting considerations, account integrations, and more, it’s fun!

2 Likes

Does this include consideration on mtx for skill effects and pets? If limited, it means people wont be able to show off cool mtx effects and pets they buy?

Or argue that they’re being “pressured” into buying them…

That is not within the context of what @Jerle quoted.

It was about reduced VFX/cosmetics shown by party members

It’s exactly the opposite of what you implied.
It would make people less inclined to buy MTX to show off, since party members won’t see it the same way you do.

1 Like

No. You’re thinking of it from the owner of the MTX’s point of view, I’m thinking of it from the party member/rando-in-town’s point of view & the inevitable whinging on media-of-choice that town is filled up with more bling than characters and that they feel forced to buy MTX.

Just because you (the impersonal pronoun you, not you Heavy) may want to show off your eye-wateringly strange MTX choices that fill up half the screen with particle effects doesn’t mean I want to be subjected to them.

Yes, I am in a shitty mood this morning.

1 Like

And if you’re the only person in the party who doesn’t want, you sound like a naughty person. It would be optional, but reality would make it not an option on many groups. One player who does not agree would be ejected.
This would only work if all party members agree or are used to play together.
I really don’t like this option. Not at all. It’s a cooperative game, it’s not a “me first, deal with it”.

1 Like

Fantastic update post…

This contradicts the purpose of this.

I specifically asked to play even closer and more cooperative together with my friends.

I am fine with people don’t liking it, but I doubt that there will something forcing you out of a party or prevent joining, because you don’t want to use a specific loot method.

If a public party is forcing non-instanced loot, that already highly suspicious.

It happens, you used to be able to be kicked from Vermintide 2 games after completing the level but before getting to the portal at the end thereby wasting all of your time. Then their devs made it impossible to initiate a vote-to-kick after killing the boss/completing the objective but before reaching the portal.

TLDR - If people can figure out a way to #### people over for that phat loot, some will.

1 Like

Given EHG tried to sell exclusive mtx with the “Oh, there’s Beepharoni and his flying giraffe!” quote line at kickstarter, I assumed EHG understand a key appeal of these mtx is to be able to show them off to fellow players.

1 Like

I 100% agree with this. Maybe I did not understand what you originally said.
My point of view is that each player should have their own loot and nobody should be able to steal other players’ loot. Most of times I like options, but for this I would even not agree with the option. It’s coop, so nobody steals anything. :wink:

I’m starting to care less about the game mechanics and just want to watch a stream with things like this happening LOL.

2 Likes