MP Beta 0.8.14C: Mana starved forging(Hammer throw) doesn't cost 0 mana

Behaviour: when I am out of mana I can’t cast Hammer throw while I have Mana starved forging I can’t cast it despite the tooltip telling me mana is 0.
expected behaviour: This is not the behaviour in 8.4 game and is not intended as you should be able to cast this 0 mana skill while out of mana.

UPDATE: as soon as I allocated avatar of the spire the bug seems to have been resolved
this tree didn’t work:

vengence another 0 mana skill does work it seems to be a bug with mana starved forging not being updated to the server costing 0 mana. as soon as as I level smite more I will test out the desperate measure node on the smite tree as well

update nr2: smite out of mana node works fine

Can you provide a short video of the issue occuring?
Do you have any item or passive that would affect the hammer throw skill directly?

I have tried to replicate it, I was wearing vortex pennant and was around lvl 30 but I can not replicate it right now despite having the same skill tree. and wearing the same unique as back then. When it does appear again I shall make a recording of it.

https://imgur.com/a/u3a1jEm

I speced into Exigency and it now works.

I was seeing the same behavior as Epyonite. For some reason, after logging out (with nothing else changing), I’m unable to reproduce the issue.

Im having the same issue as well, though it’s intermittent. If I spam hammer for long enough, it will be cast at my throwing speed, but after a while it will go back to waiting until I have enough mana to cast.

I’ll post my talent tree and items once I’m back at the computer.

Still having this exact same bug happen, Have tried restarting my game multiple times. i even respecced out of so many skill points i bricked the character and have to wait till its fixed to even keep playing this build. It’s exactly as the video describes. Soon as you go into negative mana it wont cast. but if you hold the button down it seems to cast when its at -1 going to 0. So its really weird. Trying to follow a build guide but now im at a brick wall because of this.

been over a month and the bug is still in the game. Back to POE i guess.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.