Most shock passives are now useless and should be changed

Hi,

Having a stack cap of 10, shock is now trivial to stack to full - with one book of elements and spamming lightning blast at lv15 I could stack it consistently.

So Shock duration, Shock chance, are now completely pointless as long as you have one single shock source (e.g., Invoker lightning ring, one shock node on tree, etc.), but their power budget is extremely unbalanced because they’re still from the time where shock could stack an unlimited amount of time (thus making them potent +dmg% nodes), while effectively being nodes that now do nothing at all.

Shock effect is of course still useful, but also much less than before.

Items like Stormtide boots, which were very solid options before, are basically troll items now because they’re completely unnecessary.

1 Like

Not sure about that, shock was changed to have a stack cap of 20 in 0.7.10 (Oct 20, nearly 2.5 years ago) when protections were changed to resistances and the patch notes say:

Which doesn’t really sound to me like what you’re referring to.

That said, I don’t disagree that shock passives/affixes/etc may possibly do with a rework.

2 Likes

Well, most shock nodes hadn’t really moved when the 20 cap was added (besides effect getting mostly removed), but investing in them still made some sense because getting to 20 especially without lots of hits could get some work.

But 10? Very easy.

Sorcerer for example has four shock nodes on tree - three of which are on the latter half - but the shock part of all of them is basically meaningless now.
(But then again, Sorc is a super old tree, and I think some of these were there since basically release lol)

But the really grating bits to me are shock skill nodes that occupy strong positions which used to be justified, but are now wasted points.

Shock now is in a spot where either your hitrate is super low so it’s not worth investing in (lightning meteor build or something, I don’t know) or it’s fast enough (that is, base spam cast speed) that you cap it with no effort or investment, so it’s still not worth investing in after one shock source.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.