More skill keys would be dope

There are only 5 usable skill keys- not enough to really try out new spells especially if you have committed several to specialization. If you’ve already committed to specializing a skill, you’ll not be likely to allocate a skill slot to a new spell/skill you’d like to try out. Can we add say 2-3 more skill slots? Grim Dawn got it right when it gave 1-9 for active skills and then with a flip of a switch the same 1-9 for passive skills. That would be nice.

Hi, and welcome to the game and community! Sorry, the 5 skill limitation was a design choice from the very beginning of development and is unlikely to change (at least before release, but who knows what the future holds). This is an excerpt from the developer blog explaining this choice;

But as to your worry about respecializing skills, this is getting an update in the next patch and will be much more forgiving than the current implementation;

2 Likes

I’m down to see the evolution of the game, especially regarding reallocating Skill Respecs. I do hope in the future, more skill slots are added. To be honest, I find using the same skills over and over again kinda boring, esp when there are untried juicy skills added. Thanks for the update!

That brings up an interesting question, do many people not use a movement skill on every character?

Yeah, as I was gathering that quote and re-reading it…I was thinking the same exact thing. Though, I did make my Shaman without using Fury Leap but I also rarely make Primalist builds. All of my Mage builds, on the other hand, use Teleport as it serves a purpose beyond just a movement skill with the optional decoy nodes being a significant source of survivability.

I don’t always use a movement skill no. Per my original feedback, there are only 5 precious skill slots to fill, but given your comment, I will have to explore the teleport more. It sounds like great fun

1 Like

50% x 50% - my Primalist builds don’t use it, but Sentiels with shields - yes.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.