Monolith "The Black Sun" "The Dark Ascent" quest state broken

Did the quest “The Dark Ascent” in the “The Black Sun” Monolith (empowered), died at the boss, but minions finished the boss. Did not click revive but disconnected instead (didn’t save me from dropping 4 levels though :sweat_smile:). Next time the quest showed up I did not get any quest markers on the minimap or on the side and killing the bosses did not bring up the “open portal” button.
Edit: And using the town portal cost me another 3 levels…

My Quest state is still broken. I can’t finish The Dark Ascent (no quest marker or quests) and now i can’t even reset my monolith. That means I am stuck and can never finish the Level 100 Monolith.

Could you link a pic of your Black Sun monolith screen with the stability bar at the top & the quest steps on the left on it please?

Sure.https://i.imgur.com/aDmw439.png
Was a little over 1100 when I did the Quest Echo but probably lost some stability when i portaled out.
When entering The Dark Ascent there is no listed quests or questmarkers. See first post on how i broke it. The first quest echo was already completed prior to the monolith overhaul.

Ahh, if you know how to get into the zone (clicking on the yellow icon on the left of the screen) then it’s likely an issue that would have been fixed pre-0.8.2 by resetting the monolith. You could upload your save file & maybe @EHG_Mike or @Hackaloken could see if they can fix it for you.

We are investigating this issue.

Thank you for the report.

1CHARACTERSLOT_BETA_1.txt (32.5 KB)
Here’s the character. But the issue should still be fixed since as a user I shouldn’t be able to create an inconsistent state.

I agree and hopefully it’s only an issue with pre-0.8.2 saves where the player died in a quest echo but their minions finished the boss off (ie, a fairly niche issue that you unfortunately find yourself in).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.