Monolith Overhaul

Can you confirm if I understand properly. Each echo you complete will give Corruption which increases level/hp/damage of enemies. The way to reduce this corruption is to have high corruption and kill a very though boss, and specifically in the middle of the web. Could this mean weak builds are simply stuck in super hard content they can’t get out of? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Only killing the shade of Orobyss adds corruption. Completing normal echoes has no effect on it.

6 Likes

POGGERS, cant wait for this update!

This all looks frankly amazing. I’ve never been this hyped for an update in my life (and I’m older than I like to think!).

I’d like to ask one question: would a high level character (in my particular case, starting empowered monoliths and level 94) be able to engage with the updated monolith in the update in a way that feels “natural”, or would the progression into it feel smoother if one created a new character to start the monolith around level 55?

(For instance, I feel like a level 90+ character starting the current monolith would need to power through low level timelines before getting to harder ones, which might be somewhat awkward for a while.)

2 Likes

Oh my god. Im so excited to these changes.
EHG just keeps giving us awesome things.
Liked Monoliths so far but they are getting even better.
Thank you EHG!!

I’d personally lean towards the latter.

(Particularly if there’s a character of an appropriate level waiting for the update to drop. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

1 Like

I’m so excited, the changes sound great

1 Like

Hehe, you read my mind. :stuck_out_tongue: Thank you so much for the answer!

Very interesting changes and good idea with the deterministic reward hunt. Can’t wait to try it out. It must be said that the first glance of the new echo map image triggered PTSD of a certain mechanic in another game that didn’t sit well with the playerbase. Something about being modeled after a board game, and now only the boss fights of that mechanic exist from it. Phew had me worried.
However, that subtle idol inventory change tho… I had to count it out a couple times to make sure the number of my precious keen idols were staying the same. Otherwise there was a Donnybrook a-brewing.

1 Like

THANKS EHG! I’m excited to jump in this next patch!

Spicy!!

Except this is a good implementation.

It’s actually increasing by 4 slots.

1 Like

Wern’t we meant to have other options than arenas and monoliths ? Or will it come for later ?

That’ll be coming later.

Obviously I’ll defer to your opinion, looks good from here.

It’ll take some getting used to, especially having fewer 4x1s and 1x4s available.

This may be the most exciting change to the game since I have started. I don’t know if it is still going to be relevant, but the current MoF has a disconnect when choosing which zone to go to next. It will give you a choice between say Level 65 zone or Level 70 zone. It doesn’t actually tell you the name of the zone you are choosing. Then when you bring up the map, the map says the name but not the level. I had to dig through google to find the name of the zone the boss I wanted was in, then I had to look up the zone’s name by level just so I could make the choice I wanted.

1 Like

Ohhh yeah! This looks awesome!! Can’t wait for this enormous patch!!

Update looks awesome. I just hope EHG doesn’t copy anything from POE not even names of maps and tries to stay as original as possible.

I can’t tell if you are being sarcastic or not with the PoE comment. These updates to MoF look a lot like Delve from PoE. Not that it’s a bad thing. If a system is good, use it, then make small changes to make it better.

Looks like a massive update to the Monolith. Congratz!