Melee minions AoE + Leash bug

2-3 bugs to showcase here, in video as well.

1. I asked in the discord if melee minions are supposed to attack from farther away instead of point blank, provided they have the AOE to do so, I was told yes, they should compensate for it.

Neither skeleton warriors, deathknights nor rogues actually use that AOE to engage from further though, they still run up to enemy mobs point blank.

1. Melee minion leash range is tight enough to where if you A attack a mob on the edge of your screen, your minions won’t actually attack. They hit their max distance, return to you, and try again, basically making them run back and forth in a straight line.

2. I believe the above leashing bug also happens with far away targets when minions bodyblock each other but are still actually in effective range. They’ll return back to you, then go back to attacking the target just fine.

We are aware of this interaction. In normal play this happens very rarely because there isn’t many cases where you would be standing next to a target maximum range without moving or the target moving.

Sorry, but that might be because almost noone is playing melee minions from what I’ve seen in the forums, YT, discord, etc.

It happens constantly for someone who plays HC Maso and tries to put as much distance as possible between themselves and a dangerous mob, while still having the minions target it.

In summation, people rarely play the minions that cause it, in a game mode where doing this sort of thing is important to not get 1 shot by 20% of the games lategame mobs.

I’m hoping both this and the AOE melee bug are fixed, there’s extremely little merit in going melee minions currently, besides preference.

What is the aoe melee bug?

It’s the 1st thing I mention in my original post, minions do not make use of their melee AOE to hit mobs from further away, they walk up to them to hit them.

here’s another video with audio on

Melee skills for players work the same way. This is to my knowledge, intentional.

I can see how this could be frustrating in some cases, if you do not like how this interaction works, it would be worth posting under feedback and suggestions section of the forums.

As for the melee minions walking back to caster when standing maximum distance, we are aware of it. It was brought up as a side effect of the recent minion AI rework. We are still planning to update minion AI over time and it will be something most likely that gets addressed in future patches.

I was going to post it as feedback originally, but I was told they’re not supposed to be like this, now I’m hearing conflicting feedback. Your explanation makes sense though.

I’ll post it in the feedback forum as well, whether it’s bug or design. I’ve noticed pretty much nobody plays melee minions, especially in masochist, so I’ll end up writing a thread sometime soon

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.