[Megathread] Alpha discussion

Hi
tried to create a new forum thread, but it does not seem to work for me.
As I understood, Alpha will only be playable offline in the beginning? This is not a problem in itself, but I’ll be away from home the next weeks, so is there a possibility to copy my character from my Desktop PC to my Laptop, so that I can continue progressing this character?

I’m extremely sorry about this! We’re aware of the issue and it should be permanently fixed soon.

This should be possible, although currently character information is saved in the Windows Registry.

I’d definitely encourage you to create a backup of it before making any modifications.

[quote quote=10151]This should be possible, although currently character information is saved in the Windows Registry.

I’d definitely encourage you to create a backup of it before making any modifications.[/quote]

Thanks, I am not a big fan of messing with the registry, I think I’ll just level a different class on my Laptop then :wink:

When will we get access to some of the other classes (e.g. paladin) ?

may i know when will the beta be released? cannot wait for more content…

Beta is estimated to start in Apr next year (2019). But just so you know, the devs will still be adding new content (new areas, chapters, classes) to alpha. So you won’t need to wait till beta to see more stuff :slight_smile:

I am not sure if this issue has been mentioned prior to this forum thread - I have several concerns with the map. Are we going to have symbols and icons to indicate where the waypoints are? Are we going to get symbols and icons for different levels of gear? Also, how is lore coming along? Can we figure out a way to make the item comparisons a bit more intuitive and easier to compare items? For example, utilizing Diablo 3s method of using three main stats–strength, dexterity, intelligence? Or damage, health restoration, attacks per second?
Thanks

[quote quote=10856]I am not sure if this issue has been mentioned prior to this forum thread – I have several concerns with the map. Are we going to have symbols and icons to indicate where the waypoints are? Are we going to get symbols and icons for different levels of gear? Also, how is lore coming along? Can we figure out a way to make the item comparisons a bit more intuitive and easier to compare items? For example, utilizing Diablo 3s method of using three main stats–strength, dexterity, intelligence? Or damage, health restoration, attacks per second?
[/quote]

• Do you mean the world map or zone map (mini-map)? The world map currently has all waypoints on it and will continue to do so. We recently re-did the mini-map system, but it currently is very barebones-- markers and other things will come later.
  • There aren't plans for gear specific symbols but the color of an item's title is correspondent to how many affixes it has, and there will be a loot filter.
  • Lore is broadly planned out at this point (major history events and factions), with specifics being filled in as development proceeds
  • I'm not sure entirely what you mean for item comparison-- we have the functionality to hold down Ctrl to automatically compare what stats an item you mouse over has more or less of than your equipped item. I'm sure changes will be made to the system over time, of course.