Make monolith blessings changeable when unlocked

I like that characters you develop in LE are a result of hard hours put in and monolith blessings compliment this. What I don’t like is having to grind monoliths to change blessings when I want to make a new build. For example my ward based build can use the +Health @ The Black Sun and Ward per Second @ Ending the Storm, but my leech based HP build has little use for either of those and the only way to experiment is to tediously grind monoliths.

I suggest a solution: when completing a monolith you’re given three choices with random rolls as it is now, the blessing you choose becomes unlocked in your collection with the roll you’ve chosen. You can then change blessings with ones you’ve unlocked while at the End of Time.

This way it’d allow character progress without punishing players who want to experiment or try different builds.

2 Likes

I agree and want to be able to switch blessings, I think the fair trade off is to standardize a chosen blessing but also allow the normal roll to be obtained through normal grinding

example Spirits of FIre has 60-100minion damage, the fixed roll would be 80 but if you want 80+ you can still farm for it

I agree with that.
It would be necessary to weigh all the consequences (changing a blessing just before a boss fight for example), but I like the idea for the blessings we did not chose would not be “lost”.

1 Like

I also like this idea as it would take away some stupidity of grinding all the monoliths and all the empowered again for every single alt you play.
The whole endgame should be shared among the characters like in POE (which is one of the few good aspects of POE compared to LE)

1 Like

If a character gets all his blessings when reaching endgame, what will make them go in the monoliths?

Enjoyment of playing the game and loot drops should keep them playing monoliths.

Better rolls on the blessings, gear, gold

I 100% agree, leave it the way it is. If you want your blessing, do the monolith and change it, want to get a good roll on it run it again. I could possibly agree with locking the blessing in an just redoing the monlith to get the good roll. But there needs to be some risk vs reward. Min Maxers need something to chase, and casuals prob would think running till they got the right blessing would be enough and not min max it. Sounds like a win win for both groups.

this is incredible suggestion!!! how is this not a thing now?

I’d be FAR more likely to farm missing ones if this was an option, RN endgame is still kinda MEH frankly… friggin corruption is impossible to get/maintain

What is your strategy for increasing corruption?

Judging from your other post in anotehr thread you might not even trying to push far enough out

You can always reach shades that grant +10-15 corruption, even 15+ corruption is possible.
You need to find a balance between finding a high shade and doing a lower shade, if you are unlucky with the echo web and lower shades already blocking all the paths.

The “Blessing question” becomes a bit more relevant if you, like me and many other players, like to switch back and forth between different game characters, so basically always want to equip several characters with Blessings.

Other players generally only play a single character and thus probably simply have the better Blessings “sitting”.

Maybe you should credit the playtime you gave to one/first character to the other/second character in some way. Possibly only proportionally.

Personally, I would have nothing against account-bound Blessings.

You could have account-bound-blessings for those characters who have not earned them themselves automatically to the minimum value, everything else must then earn each character itself.

Or you could make the usable “account-bound-blessing-level” dependent on the character level, or on the at least once successful run of the respective monolith.

You could also make/derive another “gold sink” out of it. That would make playing with other characters through all the gold collecting then also not look completely useless.

Many variants [also some not mentioned here] are conceivable, only the current status quo in terms of blessing seems to me not quite the yellow of the egg.

Blessings could also be implemented as (baseable) items, similar to the levelable stones in Diablo 3.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

There is merit to the OP.
I think since this is a blessing there needs to be an offering for a change to be allowed. What that offering is the devs will have to decide. I do not see this coming anytime soon.

I do not believe these blessings should be permanent or requiring reruns once obtained. Changing blessings whenever we feel like is also problematic to a balancing (thinking about MP) perspective, where is the challenge when you can just change a blessing and make things trivial.

There has to be a cost to change and as:

I generally dislike the idea.

I could see maybe having 2 different blessings per slot, so you could actively switch between 2 blessings.

This could also allow farming a perfect roll blessing for the 2nd slots, while still using the 1st slot, until you can repuzzle gear.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.