Lots of stuff stuns at higher levels

Is mitigation for stun pretty much mandatory at higher levels such as corrupted monoliths? Makes a significant part of many echoes a kite fest, which isn’t fun reminds me of MMOs of days gone past. And by kite I mean in the truest sense, not strategic movement inside a current field of battle which I have no problem with and enjoy.

Stun avoidance exists for a reason. If you can’t kill them before they hit you, expect to have consequences of being hit.

There is quite a long thread about this from Nov 21… closed now, but here:

1 Like

Get a lot HP and a lot of damage reduction. You will never be stuned.

1 Like

Thats not true. Even wirh 3k+ life and maxed resis and DR reduction from passives, you get stunned a lot in endgame.

You will encounter this, too, once you get there.

2 Likes

I never get stuned at corruption 375 with 480% increased rarity:Never.
30.000 effective HP, + 7.000 armour + 15% dodge

Maybe on higher corruption… But i will play Lost ark, so, can’t upgrade my corruption more (I’m bored to gain only +10 corruption per monolith boss)

My build: Iorek Byrnison - A Thorn Shield bear | Build Guide | 0.8.5

1 Like

I mean I almost never get stunned at endgame either, but maybe you think 1000 corruption is endgame?

Theres a post linked above. Its a thread I created weeks ago where many many others shared their problems with stun.

I’m talking about arena wave around 200 or corruption on a similar level.

There are chars that have more issues with stuns than orhers. Minion builds for example have less problems than pure melee builds because they get hit less often. I experience stuns very frequently on mages, rogues and Sentinel.

I don’t need to convince anybody. It’s a very common topic all around LE for a long time raised by many people and finally the devs stated they want to do something about it as the current stun avoidance stat doesn’t scale well.

Arena and corruption are infinite. You can’t just assume that you can survive it. You shouldn’t. You will reach a limit with each character you play. Maybe it’s 200 corruption, maybe it’s 1000. I just don’t think any complaints about difficulty in a game designed to scale like this makes sense. There’s nothing wrong just playing at 200 corruption.

I chose the path of increasing HP and DR.
I had problems with stuns until I raised these HP and DR as high as I could.
Now I have 30k-40k EHP, depending on the situation, and at the 900 corruption I don’t have any problems with it now.
At the same time, I play melee Rogue.
I can’t say anything for the other classes, but the values of stun avoidance on gear are 5 times higher than similar HP values.
In theory, it is possible to raise stun avoidance to an acceptable level without much investment.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.