Lost Knowledge + Arcane Ascendance Interaction

The Lost Knowledge Sorcerer passive states “You gain ward when you use a skill that cost at least 40 mana”. If I am using a skill that costs less than 40 mana, but Arcane Ascendance increases the mana cost above 40, I don’t receive the ward while Arcane Ascendance is active.

What skill are you using this with? Testing this with Static Orb without any skill tree investment has it as 36 mana cost base with Arcane Ascendance bumping it to 41. I gain the ward from this interaction without issue.

I’m also using Static Orb. I hadn’t played that character since I last tested 6 days ago, but after retesting to reply to you, It’s working for me now. I don’t know if I just missed something when I first tested it, or if the order I added/removed skills made a difference, or something else.

The exact steps I took were that I had Charged Ground and 4 Points in Mana Ground (in the Static Orb tree). I wanted to see if Lost Knowledge would work if I took enough points out of Mana Ground to make Arcane Ascendance raise the mana cost of static orb above 40. I added a few points of Lost Knowledge, and removed 2 points in Mana Ground. This changed base mana cost to 36, and Arcane Ascendance raises it to 48. (I don’t know why it goes this high, but it does). I then turned on Arcane Ascendance and started casting Static Orb, but didn’t see the ward go up. I removed the last two points in Mana Ground, raising the cost of Static Orb above 40 without Arcane Ascendance, and the ward went up as expected.

Good to know! If you run into the issue again feel free to repost it with any new info.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.