Losing items, stash tabs, discrepencies in UI

I am no guru when it comes to doing the dev work for them, so I won’t even bother attempting to locate and go into my game files to screw it up even more, however, this stash issue has been quite annoying for me, as I have been attempting to fix it somehow by making completely new categories and then migrating the stashes that merged from old Cat. ID’d tabs, into them, and is quite obvious to me this has been in vain. IMHO something is broken with the coding that manages these stash tabs. Here is what I observed as my latest experience when I dared navigate using the quick view menu to a tab and lost the functionality of not only my Set items Category (which I deleted since the game didn’t recognise it any longer that did a stash tab assigned to it (which mysteriously disappeared all of the sudden), but as you can see this discrepency from the SS I took, and how it affected other category Tabs/Stashes:

In this Category I used to have all 1H weapons in it, and now other category/tabs got merged into it.

As you can see here, the other categories which did hold their exclusive epic items got merged into catgory “002” and now 002 shows as empty when clicking on it on the Quickview menu but when clicking on 002 on the top stash menu bar, the items do show:

Here is where my epic 2H items from stash category 005 got merged with stash category 006:

*noticeably discrepency:

and Lastly, here are Stash Categories 003-004 getting merged with Stash Category 002 (at least those were merged with other epic items):

I will attempt to make new Stash Categories then re-migrate the epic stashes into their own niche areas in the hopes that during this process nothing else disappears or merges AND perhaps my old set item stash will reappear once I then delete the Stash category ID 002-005.
If that happens and I’m am just left with like 1 merged category, I’ll settle for that BUT still, this is really annoying the hell out of me that things can break so easily in our stashes just by navigating between the Main Stash bar and QuickView Menu when making new stash/Categories. I will wait for a fix afterwards, and I hope this gets fixed sooner than later.

Hey there… All I can say to you is that once the stash file is corrupted, NOTHING you do in-game will fix it… All the things you are attempting will do weird things and you will have the same issues when you load the stash again/or even stranger things will happen…

from my experience, the ONLY ways to resolve this is to manually edit your stash file (as per the previous threads) OR to delete your entire stash file (and lose everything in it) and have the game recreate a new blank one…

re the future… while the devs will fix the cause of the problem, it is unlikely that this will be able to correct corrupted stash files … i.e. it might never happen again after a fix, but the corruption might not be able to be retroactively resolved… that will up to the devs… but it doesnt make sense to apply an active fix for something that wouldnt be able to happen again once the cause is resolved…

Ye I get what you are saying here, but one can hope that it is some coding issue that can nip this at the root and actually fix the seeming corruption while fixing the stash bug entirely. I have reworked my stashes now to only have 1 Stash Category bugged/merged with a similiar stash, so I’ll just accept that as is for now, but I did notice that in this process, the game will duplicate stash categories when making a new Category (as I just had 2 Category 12 Stash Categories when making the latest Category tab, of which I changed it to like Category 16 or something). I am happy where my stashes are at now all things considered, and I just hope if I have to make a new category in the future that it will not create another merged mess. Thanks for your feedback and God Bless :slight_smile:

p.s. got my set items tab back thankfully in this process and in it’s own category.

I understand… Its frustrating… and I am not sure if anything you do going forward might mess it up again… lets hope you are lucky…

Thankfully I do know that the devs have to fix this before MP launches because once the savegames/stashfile are stored on the EHG servers there will be zero way to fix any corruptions because we will not have access to the raw files.

1 Like

fyi: simple explaination of what is happening / what to do…

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.