Loot system too complicated to check for upgrades

Fair enough. I maybe should have written “pseudo- coding” or “programming” instead. You are translating vague thoughts, like “show me only good loot and mark the items that are better than I have in a special way” into (a series) of rules. I don’t want to define rules, other than the sentence I wrote. I want the computer (the game) or the game designers to do the translation into rules and then into code for me. :wink:

Thanks for the tips explanations and suggestions. It looks like that I’m currently not using the lootfilter to it’s max potential so I’ll see if I can narrow it down more. I do struggle a bit with what to put in the lootfilter, not the basics as I know more or less what stats I’m looking for but more the tiers and how high to set them. Zaodon’s suggestion may help there by taking my current gear as base but I may still run into some issues because of tems I upgraded via crafting and drops that are potentially lower tier but may be better if also upgraded via crafting.
From what I can see you can select idols and their suptype in the lootfilter but not filter on their stats. If I saw this correctly then adding the stats would be a great addition to the lootfilter.

With regards to the lootfilter being code etc, I think Revenchule phrased it nicely that it requires an application of logic and conditionals. If you have an affinity to IT or for example math/databases/analytics etc this is often 2nd nature to you so you’ll have no issue using the lootfilter. But for people who don’t have that the lootfilter may be difficult to use.

Fair point, and there are definitely ways to improve the existing UI to make it easier than it is today.

I mean, Prolog and other logic programming languages do exist. But I do understand what you’re trying to say, I just think that as “programmers” we often forget that logic is the very basis of the languages we use to code.

Personally, I’d like see be able to repeat the same filter type in 1 filter. i.e. taking my example above, I’d prefer to do this:

1. Recolor all helmets with Zombie Level & Minion Health (both), where Zombie Level is T4 or higher or Minion Health is T3 or higher.

But right now, you can’t add an “Affix” section twice to the same rule, so you need the 4 rules I posted earlier to get the effect I want.

1 Like

Funny, I was about to post something similar…

I’m also one of those wierdo’s who love even more complication to the loot filter as well. As Zaodon has said, I would not only like a general “all more or equal to 3” but the ability to add up to all 4 of my affixes individually.

As an example:

I look for Engraved Gauntlets with T5 Intelligence, Increased Crit Chance, Hybrid Health & Dodge Rating.
Now, chances of engraveds with all 4 of those affixes dropping, let alone t3+ are slim. I nonetheless have that in my filter as both the “all 4” and the “all 4 min T3” say. No problems doing that at present.

However, there’s far more of a chance that they will drop with 2 of those 4 affixes. At present I have that set as “2 of the 4” with min T3. Still not too many to experiment with.
IF I could put in more than one affix though I could relax that rule slightly to see more drops by saying say “2 of the 4”, Int 1+, Crit 2+, Hyb Heal 3+, Dodge 1+.

It’s a small QOL change, and one that might possibly infuriate people who want it less complicated even more, but for me that would be massive. I could then fine tune my geeky filters to have 1 God Tier, 1 all 4 affixes, 1 crafting potential 3 aff’s etc etc.

One other addition on my personal wish list is a “not” type function. Supposing my pool of wishful thinking affixes is say 6/7 on an item. I would also like to be able to say Item X with 2 or 3 out of those 6 but with no affixes “not” listed. That would not show any items that needed an affix scouring at all. Presently, my "2 out of " and “3 out of” categories do show items that I then need to try and remove an affix from. It’s no hardship doing that and occasionally it works, but this is merely another permutation on my wish list :smiley:

I second the request for “# of empty prefixes” & “# of empty suffixes” as options in the filter!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.