Loot Filter should be higher priority

They KNOW which ones are rare, affix drop rate is in the code.

But this can all be fixed by being able to pick specific affixes to filter, which is the number one issue when looking through loot. Besides uniques the only thing people care about with gear is if it has a certain affix, not if it is rare or magic or purple, but that one specific affix.

1 Like

I know they (the devs) are busy making the game, but I’m convinced they don’t actually play it much. because this loot filter thing has been an issue for a long time and instead of fixing it they just kept adding whacky and rare affixes for us to search for.

Since they’ve put off ‘release’ indefinitely… I hope they’ve come to thier senses and decided the loot filter is priority 1.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure Neversink doesn’t work for GGG and makes the loot filter in his own time. Also PoE is a complete game not a beta so it’s not really fair to compare the two.

I don’t agree that Venting frustrations about things missing in an Early access game because you have paid for is OK either. If you are unhappy once the game is released, that’s a different story. Giving feedback is different to venting/complaining.

I’d much rather their first priority is getting the classes/subclasses complete and then working on MP.

Perhaps Early Access is not suitable for everyone which is fine.

3 Likes

very good points. another important distinction is that neversink didn’t code the ability to use a filter into PoE. the PoE devs made it possible, and neversink ended up making the most popular version as well as the filterblade site that allows users to customize his filter.

and while i don’t think “well x game didn’t have y feature until z version” is generally a good argument, since current devs have the luxury of learning from their forebears, it’s also worth noting that PoE didn’t have a loot filter until 2.0!

However many of the GGG team worked on coding the ability to create a lootfilter into the game +1. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This is the time to vent and complain. Its early access. Initially they even said the price was higher for early access because “supporters would have a say in the development of the game”.

The current state of loot in this game is akin playing quarter slots in Vegas, and for every Quarter you get, you have to sift through 100 slugs.

Neversink makes the loot filter, but I’m pretty sure he didn’t make the API for the loot filter, GGG did.

API’s are a lot harder to make than implementations built on it.

Venting, complaining and ranting are not the same as constructive feedback though. Now is the time to give constructive feedback, not rip them a new one because you don’t like what they’ve done. It’s all about how you say it.

That was 5 days ago and you’re still demanding attention?

I get notices in my email box about “replies”. And I didn’t do that 5 days agao. I did "it"over 2 weeks ago. (it being delete my characters).

Whats your excuse for posting?

“loot filter or riot”

You’re pretty sensitive.

I’m just trying to explain the difference between venting/complaining/ranting and constructive feedback that clearly enunciates your problems with a thing & what you think my fix it.

My reply to “loot filter or riot” was going to be a link to I predict a riot by the Kaiser Chiefs, but Dibster got there first…

But it’s a decent song, so have at ya…

Though to be fair (and pedantic because me), your post was 5 days ago which was that Madriax was referring to…

My excuse is that I’m busy & have work to do that I don’t particularly want to do.

I refer you to my post of 31st August.

I don’t even care about color coding for a loot filter at first. I just want it to hide the item if it doesn’t meet the filter criteria.

I don’t know how deep everyone wants the filter to go, but it doesn’t seem like that much. Filter for specific affixes, affix tiers, item level, and item type.

1 Like

Personally, I’d like the filter on the final release of the game to be really customisable. But then I think I’ve been spoilt with how much I can do with my PoE filter :grin:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.