Loot Filter Broken

Hello there!

My Loot filter broke. I was adjusting the Filter for my Warlock when suddenly this happened. Seems like, that this Warlock-Filter caused the Problem.

Tried to reload the game, repair game files, copy the xml-data to a new Filter, restarting PC. Nothing worked. Sometimes I can’t even leave the Lootfilter Window, every Hotkey for closing just adds more obscure Filter to the list. Creating new Filters are no option either. Some of my other Filter had their origin filtersettings remaining on the bottom of the list. Changing the settings for thos obscore Filters doesn’t seem to help either.

After I removed all Filters from the Filter-Folder, it seemed to worked normally. When I copy one of the removed Filter per Clipboard into a new on, the Bug returns.
Fissure Warlock.xml (9.3 KB)

Here is a Video showing the problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF7iikcnCII
Maybe this demonstrates better, what I’m trying to explain. :')

3 Likes

Having exactly the same problem here. Seems to have randomly happened while I was adjusting my filter. I was specifically duplicating rules & adjusting them.

Now seems to have broken the loot filter across characters, meaning I can no longer adjust any rules.

1 Like

Same happend to me. Unfortunatley I can’t really add new information how it happened as “SeinePestilenz” already wrote everything.

/edit:
One thing that is different to OPs problem is that for me it happend while working on a self-made filter, this one wasn’t copy & paste.

1 Like

This happened to me as well with everything being exactly as Seinepestilenz described. it happened after trying to duplicate and then alter a rule. all my filters are bricked. would really appreciate a reply to this thread. seems like a pretty major bug
here’s when it happened as specifically as i can remember:
i altered a filter for my Necro
This Filter had about 18 lines, I tried to Duplicate a filter that Recolored a single specific subtype of Relic.
I tried to change this into Recoloring a specific subtype of Ring. i changed Relic into Ring first without touching any of the other things in the Rule.
when i exited out of the menu for selecting the Item type, Relic was still showing and the Loot Filter screen had frozen. i ESC out of it, and when i got back in it was bricked

1 Like

I’m also affected by this. The rules I made still seem to be functioning, as I play but they all say 'Rules positioned higher…" when I view them in the loot filter editor, and I cannot edit them, add rules, change filters etc…

One additional problem I’ve experienced is that sometimes if I open the loot filter editor via shift-f, the window cannot be closed by clicking nor pressing esc. At that point I am forced to stop the client either through steam or task manager.

Hit this exact same issue – seems like this happens when you duplicate a rule that includes an “Item Type” condition that has “Subtypes” set and try to modify the item type. I’m guessing subtypes are saved by index and when you switch to a base type that has out-of-range subtype indices the filter itself breaks.

This can be rectified by going into your filters folder (AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch\Filters) and then finding the new rule (usually bottom rule) and deleting the entire <Rule> to </Rule> block.

In my case I had a Rule for Relic/Ruby Dice, duplicated it, then tried to uncheck Relic and check “Boots” in the base type without changing anything in the subtype and this bug occurred.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.