Lock nodes on skill tree

Because then you’d just allocate your points based on whether they’d be most useful to remove to switch between single target & clear. Not difficult to see.

Sorry, do you want to put skill respecs behind something limited like quests and think that the current system is “restrictive”?

And builds in D3 have no identity since you can switch around instantly at the click of a button (or a few to switch out your gear). Some people like that & some don’t, there should be games that cater to both.

The actual ####? Just because you can’t respec a skill from clear to single target when you get to the boss (PoE) or instantly in town (D3) doesn’t make it “the worst & most punishing”. And that’s before we get to the “gamers these days…”

And the skill points are negligible early game. It’s really not an issue.

Because the devs want builds to be a thing & have permanence or weight to them? Rather than a trivial thing that you change like a coat depending on the weather.

Yet it takes 2 mins to change your entire skill set and get everything back to 20 at high levels.

When it works that fast then it is only a minor inconvenience that takes euqualy long as standing up and taking a bio breake. So no reason to change anything. if it takes hours to refarm things it would be different.

1 Like

I personally don’t see what difference it makes either way. The stickiness of a build doesn’t make it more enjoyable or more interesting. I get that most games like this make it permanent and this is definitely better than that. But if the point is to experiment and move things around to see what works best, it’s not exactly mandatory to change it every boss fight if I can, so who cares if I do that or not. That’s honestly enough extra work (just from thinking and clicking, not the re-leveling requirement,) that I wouldn’t want to do it anyways, but if someone does and they find that fun, then it’s part of the game. If it was my game I would just embrace that some people are going to play it that way because that’s the way their brains work.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.