Limit maximum number of summons in Multiplayer based on party size?

How will the game handle for example more than one necromancer with a maximum summon builds? I have nightmares about how a certain other game performs when there are a lot of summons. Could it be possible to implement a different max limit of summons per party with an added additional buff to the summoned PC creatures comparable to the damage/HP pool of the culled summons?

By changing mechanics this can disturb balance and also the feel of the class. If I play a mass summon build I don’t want to be limited when playing multiplayer.

I’d hope to see more if a visual approach then a mechanical. So instead of altering game mechanics they could just limit the minions of other players shown on the screen, depending on performance.

3 Likes

I’m also not sure how the game would decide which player would be “allowed” to summon minions if you’re at or approaching the limit.

I think Wraiths will be changed to accommodate MP - I predict 9 as a limit

I love minion builds and play them on every aRPG and really think every single minion except Spriggan needs an overhaul in LE - i really dislike quantity over quality such as 25+ Wraiths its too much

in PoE there was a buff to summoners a few leagues back where 60% of players were Necro’s - in party play of 6 total players there could only be a max of 2 summoners with their minions out due to near unplayable conditions such as general frame drops and not being able to see anything at all

EHG are going to have massive problems if they dont change certain aspects and players actively decide to see what happens with 6 necros with 35+ minions at once

It’ll be a max of 4 Necros in a party, though in town will be different. I wouldn’t be surprised if Wraiths were capped either.

I thought it said ‘5 others’ implying 6?

Nope. 4 players max.

1 Like

Im actually glad, these games are way better with 4 players anyway

im hoping will be a lot like D3’s MP

I’m hoping as well. D3’s has the best multiplayer of all ARPG’s i’ve played.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.