Let's Talk Primalist - Auto Attack Skills

And when they nerf the werebear Bhuldar’s Wrath build, will it drop down a lot after that?

No because spriggan form is even more broken right now going druid or beastmaster and you can abuse perma taunt on companions such as bear and raptor while in no transformation.

I think this would be a good change for druid especially since you can get the 30% of hp as threshold. titan’s heart no regen actually hurts my playstyle a bit but werebear should be alot better off b/c you attack alot more than I do.

I dont need AS because the whole build revolves around 1 big EQ. After having played with both Swipe and Tempest Strike, TS was actually the better mana generator with 0 AS but I have so much investment into to it and it barely won out on mana. The 100 crit multi especially is too much to overlook.

Even with all that swipe still didn’t feel right because I’m using +100 dmg every 5 secs and it is really hard to get the timing with Swipe. I would often be using Swipe only to have the buffs pop up as i was finishing my last attack. The difficultly in execution made me feel better about swipe having more power, though I still think the numbers are too much. If i were to change the nodes it would look something like:

• Crit chance: 6 points means 150% Crit chance (still 25%per point)
  • Crit multi: 5 points means +75% Crit multi (+15% per point)

This is also with the expectation that TS would get some love as a utility skill.

I completely understand. The support built into Swipe to support Werebear builds is excellent, but it overshadows what is available elsewhere for other builds, making it mandatory and reducing build variety.
It reminds me somewhat of Cadence in Grim Dawn. Cadence was a terrible skill by default, but with many superb ways to multiply it. Unfortunately the way these multipliers were implemented I found so many of my builds where I specifically wanted to use something other than Cadence I was ‘forced’ to add it into my rotation to get the best dps. I called this ‘Cadence-weaving’ and it was indeed very effective (if somewhat unintuitive and awkward to use) but it ended up reducing the diversity of many of my builds.

My first thought would be that if these stats are needed for Werebear, but should be on other builds that do not use Swipe, then move the bonuses to places on the passive tree. We have most of the other Aspects in there, some easy to get for all builds, other more exclusive. In the example we are talking about now that would be something like getting Aspect of the Panther above 20 points in the passive trees that needed it?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.