Julra's Obsession gloves still bugged

I’m sure it’s still known but just want to make sure given the partial fix these bugged gloves received (and misinformation I have heard from people that carry a loud voice). Minions are still able to receive infinite scaling from these gloves. The part that went to the player was fixed but the minions are still receiving the infinite feedback loop. I’m not trying to spread a “how-to” in this post for a large bug, so if an EHG member isn’t sure how to replicate this, I’m more than happy to connect and explain further (it’s very easy to replicate).

One of the main reasons I am writing this post is I feel that it’s important to say that various masteries are able to benefit very different amounts from this bug (happy to elaborate on this – I’m only not doing so here as it would give away how it works) and the bug has somehow caused very skewed perceptions of the strength of different builds, lately, as people watch videos of players running around quite literally using a 5x (or more) damage bug. I just think it would be a shame if any major changes were made to masteries based on perceived strength when the vast majority of strength is likely coming from this bug (if it’s a minion build).

I’m not trying to claim that some masteries don’t have a harder time than others right now. I get that and am the first to say that I think masteries with no viable builds for high-end play should receive buffs in some way, shape, or form so that they are able to compete. It’s just very easy for strength from a bug to bleed into perception of a build or mastery and it would be a shame if this was overlooked and/or for these extreme views to further propagate throughout the community when the bug does not reflect anything close to reality of the underlying.

To be clear (before anyone tries to claim so), not everyone knows this. Some of the largest voices in the public community have been weighing in on things without realizing the bug still existed. Not going to name names. To my point on it being hard to separate strength from a bug from strength of the underlying, when I informed one such person that, in fact, this massive bug still existed and was being used in videos that shaped their opinion, their immediate response was that their view was unchanged. They weren’t even aware that the character they were literally playing in that moment was using that bug and I had to show them that it was.

The bug is damaging the community and, in my opinion, needs to be fixed ASAP. It is single-handedly resulting in the view that minion builds are too strong and impacting a large amount of content that comes out related to any minion-based builds.

That is all.

Thanks,

Toro

Send a specific (and private) bug report via the Support page, there is a menu option for Bugs - these go straight to the dev team afaik. Mike has suggested people use this method when they want to report something that they think is potentially gamebreaking and shouldnt be reported in a public forum.

https://support.lastepoch.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

ps. You may not get a direct response timeously (or ever for this kind of thing) but they do get these.

We have a fix for this issue internally. It won’t be included in the hotfix we’re planning to release this week, though, but should be in the next release after that.

1 Like

Awesome. Thank you so much!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.