Javelin - Divine Throws: Tooltip calc incorrect?

The Divine Throws node states “added damage from all sources is converted to lightning”, however when taking Temporal Corruption from the VK passive tree, +2 void dmg on attacks results in a minimal (~0.6%) increase in tooltip damage (28,433 → 28,577). This is with Javelin spec’d for 100% crit chance @ ~300% crit multi, 324% inc lightning dmg, ~160% throwing atk dmg etc, and incorporating Forceful Hurl’s scaling pen.

I may simply be overestimating the impact of flat base lightning dmg increase (and if I had a passive that added flat lightning to compare I could verify) but this seems quite low if the damage is indeed converted to lightning from all sources. In fact it’s so low that I thought I could leverage the World Eater passive for some leech on the void portion of the damage, but if it is actually converted to lightning then obviously that won’t work.

Anyhow, I may be completely off-base here, but thought I’d bring it up just in case.

Cheers

Could try testing the dmg with 4 points in temporal corruption vs 1 point in holy spears in javelin tree (flat lightning) but I think it should be working fine.

Just tested exactly that way (originally I didn’t want to re-grind the skill point but turns out my +1 landed right on Holy Spears), looks like something may be off.

So for the starting damage I removed all of temporal corruption and popped off the point from Holy Spears so the initial damage is identical, then added back either one to compare.

Holy Spears node:
31147 (+8 flat lightning)

Temporal Corruption:
29439 (+8 flat void)

If it was converted to lightning properly should they not be identical? I might still be missing something but that’s my expectation from the description.

Yeah it should be the same, I just checked on my javelin char with siege captain (flat phys) and it also has difference from holy spears (29,960 vs 30,007). You’re correct something is off.

Bumping this as it appears a straightforward issue with a new skill but hasn’t received a response. Apologies if it’s already being addressed, or if I’m just mistaken on how the skill should function in this regard.

Thanks for the report, we’ve fixed the bug internally. Javelin’s tooltip was errantly only converting its base damage type (physical) to lightning. This is only a tooltip bug, your damage dealt is correct. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.