I've come to hate paid cosmetics

You’re almost there then. My best friend and I are from the “you pay one price for the game” generation and we don’t do in game purchases. We’ve been running around looking like max level homeless people for years now in various games.

Once you get to the “why am I paying for something that isn’t real, they’re just pixels on a screen” mentality, you’ll be good to go. We play for the fun now nothing else. I don’t care if my guy’s wearing sackcloth so long as everything on the screen explodes when I right click. It just takes time, you’ll get there.

Maybe in some P2W games like Lost Ark, but not in Last Epoch. There aren’t even enough items to buy if you wanted to blow a lot of money.

Thats fine, everyone can have own opinions, my question is how you would monetise game otherway to fund upcoming cycles, further game develompment, servers cost, payng bills, payng stuff and go on.

And no, box price will not be that remember there was cost
to develop game first plaace.

Since LE is following the PoE model, it will also apply to it. In PoE the same applies: a single whale is worth 10k regular players. Not to mention that by their very nature, the majority of players will never buy a single thing.
These games live from the very small percentage of players that are willing (and capable) of splurging their earning on the shop.

I myself have spent hundreds over the years on PoE and I expect I’ll do the same in LE. Although my case is slightly different because in both cases I would still give them money even if I got nothing back. MTX/Packs are just a bonus.

Hot take, of all the things that they can improve, they should make the cosmetics better. They do not look very impressive right now. I hope they can allocate some resource on this front cuz it’ll help them squeeze out some more juice from the players.

This is highly debatable, being down to personal tastes. Many players in other threads have said they think armor MTX in LE is better than in PoE. It’s all about your own aesthetic values.

But I fully expect that they will work on more eventually. There are skill MTX categories missing, like skills. And over time they can afford to dedicate a little more time into each.
It will remain a matter of personal taste, though. Some people will prefer the older models, or PoE’s, some will prefer the newer ones.

oh? Really? :slight_smile:

That’s funny reason i come to the forum to check in now and then is to see what morons like you are complaining about.

Without in game paid cosmetics, you will eventually see the last ever updates for your favorite games,
why come here and complain about something that DOES NOT EFFECT YOU IN ANYWAY.

You don’t like paid cosmetics fine? uninstall , leave and don’t come back.

1 Like

i dont like it because it’s meaningless instead of representing actual effort but i have an easy time ignoring all of it so it’s not that bad i guess :slight_smile:

just gotta let the fancy fashionistas pay for you xD

also i’m already conditioned not to care about my character’s appearance since there’s no gender selection… their loss.