Improving Idols

Either or, i was thinking more like POE flask enhancement but i would be ok with just using Rune of Refinements on the idols. That would be cool to.

1 Like

Yep, i think i would prefer Rune of Refinement, since gambling is fun :smiley: A rune giving you guaranteed improved numbers would be boring to craft but exciting to farm. Like finding an exalted orb that always gives you a smile once it drops

4 Likes

The only downside from runes giving you guaranteed better numbers on gear in my opinion is what we currently see with catalysts in PoE. There are 7 catalysts and only 2 of them are rly useful and valuable. So those 2 catalyst have high prices and since you need 20 of them to basically see an improvement both in dmg or defense you need to farm reeeaally long to get them all or just simply buy them…because finding one of them after 1hour giving you 1% increased dmg is not relevant.

i like the idea of rerolling the numbers but should be idols only

Didn’t they say they weren’t going to go with idol crafting? If so, I doubt they’d go with something that would deterministically improve an idol, maybe allow the rune of refinement work with idols (with instability allowing it to break, or be set to the minimum roll).

Hmm. I think with any crafting/refining option, there must always be the possibility of bricking the base. Else things are likely to get too easy in a trade economy.

2 Likes

Yep, they did. It’s a shame because there is so much cool stuff you could add to the idol system, just like Boardman suggested.

But I think this mainly is because they have to finish their game with all the goals they have right now. Who knows what the future will bring. There needs to be stuff for content updates and so on…

Hopefully one day we get idols that enable us to use skills of other classes (I see Spellblades with RoS and Primalists with bone armor…)

I have to admit that I am not yet a the point that I am chasing specific stats on idols. I am happy when I find some with the main stat I want to have. Even happier when the roll is good. :laughing:

They did say this and i dont want the idols to be craftable in the sense that you can shatter for affixes and craft new affix on your own idols, its only the rune of refinements that would work. Nothing else. Just so you can try for higher numbers

I am ok with this, i was just starting with since we cant use guardians or stability maybe take a way destructive fractures. But Normal rules applying would be good as well. Im ok with it. I dont need easy success, i just want to have a chance to be successful.

Oh man the plague bearer options that open up with this option. Devouring Orb + avalanche + Shatterstrike + Poison Totems on hit + Ice Thorns = PoG… literally would be like 20+ Hits a second on enemies maybe even more.

I know it sounds cool, but it just reminds me of D2 & everyone having access to the Sorc’s teleport via the Enigma runeword. It makes builds more similar if everyone’s using the same skills.

Idol crafting should probably be introduced at some point. I assume more idol affixes will be introduced before the game is released, making it even more difficult finding idols that fit your build. I don’t really want Idols to end up being like Helm Enchants in PoE. (i.e. almost impossible to get the affixes you want)

1 Like

If idols are tradeable (not sure if they’ve said anything other than that uniques won’t be) then getting idols won’t be an issue.

I’m happy with idols the way they are. At least some long term goals there ^^.

1 Like

My bad, I was thinking of

and forgot that uniques != legendaries.

Fair point! I also think for now they did a good job with idols. After the full release they will definitly add new features for them, and something like boardman suggested is a good idea! They alrdy created such a good base for every feature in this game (crafting/gear/idols/masteries) that you can always improve in the future.

Would be nice to use the Epoch to travel to the 2 Years Post Release Era of LE :grin:. Just to get a sneak peek…

psh id be ok with 2 months

2 years…i can alrdy see it. PoE2 and LE dominating the arpg scene. Wolcen devs still fixing bugs, blizzard delays d4 another 5 years, people still begging for d2 remaster

2 Likes

But d4 shapeshifting will be so on point

PoE2 Shapeshifting looks sick!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.