I wish they would just give us an estimate on multiplayer testing. So we can forget about this title until then. :P

Chill… People asking for MP are still playing SP. Last time I checked, genuine concern for a game you enjoy doesn’t require any sort of seniority. I don’t skulk reddit or 4chan though so I could be wrong…

The biggest reason for releasing multiplayer ASAP is that it’s been announced, confirmed, BUILT, and currently being tested. If this game were an ARPG where no multiplayer was expected, it wouldn’t be an issue.

[Aside/Off-topic]
As for Wolcen. That game that had all the right buttons pushed but still failed to execute. That had nothing to do with anything but gameplay. The gameplay and back-end was re-hashed in the 11th hour and they turned the whole game into a bunch of cheesy, thoughtless skill spam.
Then they nerfed broken skills and made people cry.
Then they broke more (non-skill) stuff and made people cry.
Then they reset the whole game and made people cry.
Talk about a shogun warlord going in for the kill and then committing seppuku as the final blow…

There are zero reasons to release multiplayer ASAP and a million reasons to release it when it’s ready and polished. The sudden urgency for multiplayer miraculously appeared when everyone got pissed off at the harvest manifesto and decided to try out LE. People want their online ARPG fix, and they’re bringing their misplaced frustration here.

Anybody “concerned” about back-end development they don’t even understand or a feature they want that hasn’t been implemented yet is just playing armchair developer. Give your feedback on the game, give ideas, express constructive criticism, but when it comes to releasing major features, maybe defer to the people who develop games for a living to decide how they go about it and when they release it.

:o You mean people on the internet don’t know everything about everything? Way to blow my world-view!

2 Likes

LMAO!

Well, how about

Ironic how you’re gatekeeping what other people are allowed to discuss while being completely oblivious that you’re doing the very same thing but just have an opposing opinion.

Please : ]

EHG abolutely need to get the game out before D2R, & PoE2 absolutely before D4.

However, Having a good MP, & without the things thats frustate people playing D3 & PoE is critical.

Luxury of time is not something EHG has, & thats the fact. I am not saying LE will be worse than ther other titles, but they are bigger titles & that is just how the iRL works. You do not want to release something near or after a big title hits (especially if the big title is a hit).

True. But time isn’t a luxury, with major ARPG titles challenging for players time is releasing this year & the next.

Go back to flexing your RMTed mirrors in g3

Objectively speaking, for a company, there is almost zero reason to release something before it’s ready unless there is pressure from investors or a firm deadline that’s been announced already. It’s in the best interest of a company to release a feature in a working state, or have you forgotten how absolutely broken PoE is every 3 months? How long did it take for Heist to get into a playable state? I think it was around a month before people could do all the contracts without the encounter being bricked. There’s a reason that PoE has a reputation for buggy releases and poor performance, and it’s because they’ve locked themselves into a money-driven development cycle on a firm schedule without taking time to TEST and POLISH and OPTIMIZE.

Gatekeeping? More like calling out someone saying “I want feature” by bringing a logical point of view as to why it’s not that simple.

3 Likes

Nawh, I’d rather listen to what Arundel has said on the topic.

Not even that, but even we as a collective consciousness actually know nothing about anything.

My guess is they probably shouldn’t have been so gun-ho on shooting out that multiplayer teaser.

They’re damned if they do (give us info about mulitplayer 'cause then people ask about it more, are we there yet) & they’re damned if they don’t (OMG haz youz forgotenz aboutz da m/1t1playah?).

1 Like

Why shouldn’t they have been “gun-ho” about the teaser? Didn’t they just say it would release at some point in 2021? What’s the matter with releasing a trailer for something coming out within a year?

“The problem right now is you’re missing out on so many more sales, just because most people are waiting for multiplayer.”

“Oh no not sales, better rush out the patch so we get more sales!! It worked really well for Wolcen!”
-No dev with a brain

1 Like

Who said anything about rushing? I’m not the one that set the countdown and released a trailer.

Yeah how dare EHG release a trailer for a highly anticipated feature set to be released soon. They obviously didn’t take into account how much it would upset JCourtney

But you are the one asking for an estimated date. They’ve said sometime in 2021 so that is on or before December 31st.

If you don’t want to play the game or keep an eye on it actively just ask someone to notify you about the update and if you are using Steam it is hard to miss big news like that.

1 Like

Yes, but that isn’t telling the developers to rush anything.

It’s fine though. These developers obviously have some cave-dwelling white knights in the community to set everyone straight.

“trailer for a highly anticipated feature set to be released soon.” Now or December 31st, 2021… I’m not the one that started the clock. Guess they have to release it before the end of the year even if it’s not ready right? That estimated timeline might as well read “We have no F’ing idea, but we’re teasing for the sales.”

:no_good_man:

Please stop begging the devs for access to restricted content that is restricted for our benefit. Or should they just give every beggar on the forums a backstage pass to highly restrictive and selective testing? Not to mention the fact that your behavior in this post shows that you are the opposite of who they’d want testing their game.

2 Likes