How will people play multiplayer if

they are gonna be playing on 20 fps at all times this game has TERRIBLE optimisation alot of times im sitting on 30 fps when theres only like 10 monsters on my screen and im using skills when i can run cyberpunk or red dead redemption 2 on stable 100 fps those 2 games are far more demanding than this one so how im suppose to play multiplayer with how many people? 4-6? its gonna be 20 fps gaming FUN right?

The devs have said that they’ve done a lot of work on optimisation because it’ll be an issue.

Cyberpunk/etc are more demanding of your gfx card, LE is more demanding of your cpu.

did you mean they will release “optimisation” along with multiplayer? btw my cpu usage doesnt even hit 50% in this game

Yes. 10 chars

well i doubrt its gonna be much difference you cant make big optimisation change in one patch for path of exile it took years

They have posted somewhere an example of increased FPS in some zones as well as other stuff related to that though I can’t find the post at the moment. It was probably in one of the dev updates re MP.

The screen shot was I believe in the September Update on how they were progressing with the Melee/throwing/bow damage changes.

Yeah, and the June one as well. Found them pretty easily when I looked…

Optimisation is and will ever be an ongoign thing, but with a lot of the stuff that is known to be bottlenecks and how things work there are a couple of planned changes that will have a HUGE impact and as some already pointed out, the devs already showed some of the early results in their dev blogs.

Especially for the online environment there will be A LOT of workload coming off the client

when they plan to release the 0.9 update?

a)when it’s done, b)hopefully this year.

How will people play multiplayer if they are gonna be playing on 20 fps at all times

My system is mid range at best and was built 5 years ago, and I’ve never once seen FPS go that low. If that’s your on-going experience, then perhaps you should invest in a computer that was built in this decade. Last Epoch may not be fully optimized, but it is not so unoptimized that it’s reasonable to blame consistent, constant 20 fps on it.

To be fair, “back in the day” (well before they reworked Forge Guard & got rid of it’s life on hit passive) I played a Shield Throw/Devouring Orb/Smite build that would easily get <1 fps on packs. It was glorious.

But that was a long time ago.

I’d imagine “20 fps at all times” is likely due to a pc on the lower end of the scale.

ah yes the low IQ white knights “ITS YOUR PC NOT THE GAME” if you bothered to read my entire post you would see i said that i can run cyberpunk/red dead redemption 2 on stable 100 fps on high settings this game has shit OPTIMISATION its a fact becuz its in beta so i cant tell if you are just here to troll or you are actually that stupid

As his name decrees, so shall it be done. But tbh, it’s neither. Llama is hitting you with actual information. Bronco… well you two could chat and we would all enjoy it I’m sure.

If you cant accept these responses, wait for LE to be ‘fully optimized’ before playing.
Or get a new pc.

yeah get new pc for a game what is unoptimised should get 3090 for a game with 2000 year graphics 5head big brain suggestion i appreciate lama information but not that other guy who is trolling how its my pc fault not the UNOPTIMISED game

Yeah I feel ya. Bronco is our resident -!@#$%^^&(-, but we love’m!

I wouldnt ever buy a new pc for a single game, especially in a beta. So Im with ya. But you’ll likely need to wait for things to drop before you’ll wanna play. Unless they give a random opto patch, but I doubt it :confused:

2 Likes

That’s my job.

They won’t, it would delay 0.9 too much.

I prefer curmudgeon, thanks.

1 Like

Oh lords… literally describes how I pictured you lol. @BroncoCollider is my new favorite forum Knigget! < 3