How to use the story jump?

Yes, but a lot of the chapter 9 quests now give passives and idols slots.

There are more quests for passives and idol slots than you need, so you don’t need to complete all.

Also skipping large portions of the campaign and going into MOF early is faster anyway and you could get your missing passive points and idols slots later, when you are stronger and can rush through all the story zones.

1 Like

I can’t figure out how to actually get this to work. I’ve chosen my mastery class, but the time rift in the Shining Cove is blocked by a closed door.

You need to accept the Quest “The Sapphire Tablet” in the Oracles Abode.

This Quest will enable the door to open and enter the time rift behind it.

Yeah I figured it out eventually. I was thinking it would be available as soon as you arrived in the Cove. had to play through the chapter a bit and it took me right to the cave.

So I managed to beat Julra, but I didn’t actually skip forward in the story. Not sure how to activate this.

You mean the eternity cache?

You need to go into the Divine Era first with the Dungeon Swap Ability.

If you interact with the eternity cache the door will open.

You don’t need to actual craft a legendary, just interact in the Divine Era with it.

I crafted a legendary and exited the dungeon, but it didn’t skip me forward to chapter 9.

Is there something else I have to do?

Behind hte eternity cache, if you follow the cave/tunnel you will exit to Chapter 9

Maybe I walked out in the wrong time period.

That doesn’t work I think.

Where did you left.

The thing is you need to go a bit further aafter exiting the cage to at least unlock one waypoint.

It doesn’t move the main quest forward to chapter 9 though does it? Or am I missing something?

I thought it was supposed to. I’ve read that you can still get the idol slots/passive points in chapter 9, so I was expecting the quests to update/move forward to ch 9.

When I exited the Sanctum I was in The Radiant dunes, and I did see the WP.

So what’s the issue? You can continue moving on to the next town and jump back into the story.

I was under the impression the story would go forward to chapter 9, and I would be able to do quests there to get my passives/idol slots.

I mean, I already had access to the end of time BEFORE i killed Julra, so allowing me to go back there and start MoF isn’t really a “story skip” as I understood it.

Well, if you enter the dungeon at chapter 5 and exit at chapter 9, it looks very much like a partial story skip.

Yeah, so it was confusing because I still had chapter 5 story quests and chapter 6 story quests. Eventually I did some of the chapter 5 ones, and it updated to chapter 9, but the chapter 6 is still not completed.

I think the missing piece of information is that you don’t have to complete one quest to start the next. Just getting to where the next quest starts in enough. The main story quests are mostly about guiding you through the campaign.

You can skip from chapter 5 to 9 in the dungeon. This lets you pick up quests in chapter 9.

5 Likes

Would love to skip most of it as I’ve done it so many times and just collect the idols/passives…but my OCD prevents me from having anything in the log active, if I see a side quest has popped up against my will because I wandered into something, I now need to complete it so it won’t be there

I just want to be able to refuse quests and tell them to save themselves and their rat city

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.