How much Freeze Rate multiplier for 50 flat Freeze rate do I need?

Suppose I have a skill with 50 flat freeze rate. How much % freeze rate mulitplier do I need to at least sometimes (say with 15-20% chance) freeze bosses in Monolith runs?

Will leave it to the number crunching players on here but dont forget about Frostbite - makes a BIG difference to freezing rares/mobs… I got a blessing of 50% frostbite and I could tell immediately how many more mobs were being frozen.

1 Like

Your freeze chance is based of maximum mob health. So to get 15-20% Would first need to know the maximum health of a mob to be able to formulate what Freeze rate value you should aim for.

To Freeze monolith bosses at a 20% rate more than likely youll just need to get as much as you possible can on all pieces as they tend to have a bit of health especially if you give them more health with affixes.

As stated above by vapour, Getting as much frostbite and frostbite on effect will help alot as it reduces the freeze avoidance (Which i would assume formula wise just reduces the number for maximum health) making them easier to freeze.

All in All, its unlikely with a 50 Freeze base rate and even some tier 6-7 freeze rate that 20% Chance on monolith bosses would even be possible especially in the higher timelines.

I also want to point out i did some calculations in an excel spreedsheet with @Llama8 and Frost bite was rather useless on bosses with over 200k health. It doesnt scale well at all as a flat 200 health reduction at 200k health is well… nothing.

tbe more stacks of Frosbite I apply to an enemy the more freeze chance? Or it doesn’t depend on the number of frostbite stacks?

this site says 1 stack of Frostbite is -200 Freeze avoidance

every stack of frostbite reduces the freeze avoidance by 200. Its a flat number.

So if you have a 50 freeze rate and the boss as 500 health you have 10% Chance to freeze (assuming you have 0 freeze multi just for simple numbers purpose)

Same numbers 50 freeze rate and the boss has 500 health with 1 stack frostbit now they have 500-200 for 300 and your freeze rate is 16.7%

If you have 50 freeze rate and the boss has 200,000 health you have a 0.025% to freeze
with 10 Stacks of Frostbite the boss goes from 200,000 to 198,000 and your freeze chance goes to 0.02525%

As you can see against bosses frostbite really doesnt help, it just doesnt scale very well for bosses

1 Like

Yes, the more stacks of Frostbite you apply to a mob, the greater your freeze chance, though as Boardman said, -200 isn’t going to have much of an effect on a mob with several hundred thousand HP.

Edit: I’d argue though, that I don’t think the devs want bosses to be freeze/stun-lockable. Shield Bash has a guaranteed stun chance, even on bosses, but a 10s cooldown. That said, I think they’ll need to change things in multiplayer, 'cause then ~2 Sentinels could keep a boss stunlocked.

10-20% chance to freeze a boss with investments in gear and skill doesn’t sound OP to me. It is a good number

Warcry is also a guarentted stun or freeze. Add some of those in :stuck_out_tongue:

Problem is freeze last 1.2 seconds so you would only have to do 5 hits a second for a PERMA freeze builds which is just broken… And would be possible.

1 Like

Edit: Due to dodgy maths, this post has been reworked from the bottom up…

A 10% chance to freeze with 5 hits per second would have an aggregate 41% chance to freeze the boss with those 5 hits, which is still probably a bit high. 5% chance to freeze would reduce that to 23% which is probably a better uptime. Though at the high end, the fights still only last seconds rather than minutes.

Or they could implement CC immunity mechanic from Diablo 3. Where a monster gets 10% CC resistance every second it is under CC . And loses 5% every second it is not under CC.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.