Having 15 Classes is a Good Reason for A Campaign Skip

Many games do and many games don’t. This isn’t a behind the times issue. It’s a game identity issue and the players they want playing their game.
In any case, this is a moot point because LE DOES let you skip the campaign. It just doesn’t let you skip everything YET. As has been pointed out before in both this thread and the many many many other threads about it (because people can’t be bothered to search), this will change in the future. And yet, even now, you CAN skip most of the campaign.

1 Like

I am not saying that it’s a bad idea to improve the alternative to going through the campaign. In fact I am all for it.
What I am saying is that “it’s just an option” is at best a very flawed argument and at worse a dishonest one. It can be used to argue for anything, even if it’s significantly harmful to the game. It’s not the first time you are using it, and if you keep using it to push this “just give me what I want” attitude, you are going to be labelled as a dishonest interlocutor.

1 Like

You’re hilarious! Skipping the campaign gives you no advantage whatsoever. and BTW you can label me whatever the hell you want. I’m far too old to care what people on a game forum think of me

1 Like

I vote skippable after 2 completions. Or 1 or 3 . 5th time was a little stale… really like alts to be slightly lesa hassle to min max. 3-5 weeks gear progession is way plentiful imho.

1 Like

There is literally a checkbox on every single character you create in D4 asking whether you want to skip the campaign. It’s 100% optional.

Personally I’ll get bored if I have to rerun the campaign every single season. The skip offered now isn’t much of a skip since it doesn’t open the map and there are all the mandatory side quests.

2 Likes

It’s so simple to solve this. Just add an option to skip and if you like to play campaing, play it. If you don’t, skip it. The is no difference for others players if you skipped or not. So give us the option to choose! The game has so many builds we want to try but its not inviting to make 2-3h of same path to unlock late game in alts…

2 Likes

I completely agree with the original poster.

2 Likes

Agreed, players who don’t want this option would lose nothing except any joy they have in gatekeeping the games progress lol. Personally, I still have been playing but significantly less (went from like 12hr a week to 3hr) since I want to try new builds but I dont want to slog through the campaign or super twink out an alt for the dungeons and even then still have to spend a large chunk of time back tracking.

Ok, I’m very agreed with you, Dev should add the option to skip campaign after you complete it at least once.

So true, I don’t want to create new character just becuase of the campaign.

1 Like

For sure, don’t get me wrong- it was a fun campaign to run through the first time I did it and even somewhat the second time for my online character but as someone who plays both online and offline, and wants to try all the classes in both modes (I travel for work and don’t always have wifi) it just gets to be excessive.

The current - and that’s important - means for the campaign is that it provides a substantial part of the game in how it is implemented. It’s the core aspect, the thing which the whole stuff revolves around.
The current endgame is a very very simplistic and even minimalistic system, it offers no depth yet and is very repetitive.

This warrants that unless something changes in the future in terms of mechanical complexity and sheer scale that the campaign is a necessity, without it LE would be far below the quality it is now, the majority of effort clearly went into making the campaign, monoliths are regurgitated areas of it even, barely new assets and no major new mechanics outside of the web itself. The only distinct content is at the current time the bosses there.

Hence as long as not the things around the situation are handled, which means more complexity, more variety, more effort solely focused on that part of the game it’s nonsensical to ask for a skip.
In the future yes, absolutely, when we have enough available content to allow that, currently though it would be more detrimental then actually useful.

Once you know how to build a character, you should be able to start monoliths (early endgame) by level 25 … At which point you can ignore everything else, level up to 50+ in the monos, do a couple passive/idol quests, level up to 75+ in the monos, get the rest of your passives/idols… There you go… At level 20-25 you can skip campaign… This is also the same point at which you may try Lightless Arbor dungeon which is the first of the campaign skips…

By the way, if a dungeon takes you more than 30 mins you are probably doing it wrong… And there are only a few dungeons… It’s a cumulative couple hours to “skip campaign” if you dont include leveling up which is extremely fast in monos

Sorry but this is so untrue. The game is SO much more then the campaing. Most players dont care about it. And again, we just ask for an OPTION do skip it. Arpg’s are always repetitive, so the less stuf to repeat, better.

1 Like

Giving people options will affect the whole game, both players using the option but also players who do not want or prefer not to use these options. They are still affected, because it will change how the game is perceived and played.

When skipping the campaign is a more effecient way (faster) to level a alt, it will cause a shift in meta for leveling.
And even people who prefer the campaign will be affected.

The argument “give people options, because it will not affect people not using them” is simply false. This is very simialr to a lot of other things like Mastery respec. As soon as there is an option it will change the game and how you play it fundamentally.

2 Likes

This is very sad cuz the game is very fun and a lot of builds to test but is extremaly boring having to do the campaing again. Me and my friends really hope it will be changed so we can come back, cuz it ruined our experience.

1 Like

This doesn’t hold true actually, it’s even the contrary in many situations.

Any game dev intentionally involves so called ‘friction mechanics’ in their games, in different ways to deal with different types of players.
Nigh everything in a game falls under that, which means achieving a goal by overcoming something.
Respec has cost and position friction.
Bosses have friction through their mechanics, be it positioning for one-shots or upkeep in terms of survivability or damage.
Trading has friction through favor usage.
Leveling has friction through the campaign to a degree.

I would hence argue that the way this type is implemented doesn’t feel nice, it’s not ‘smooth’ enough to warrant many people to re-do it, because in other games like ‘Dungeon Siege 1’ or ‘Sacred 2’ and more modernly ‘Grim Dawn’ those parts are the main game, basically unlocking places to do different stuff… or in the former ones solely to progress itself.

LE simply has a end-game mechanic implemented which feels more comfortable for players since it’s less limiting then the campaign and isn’t one utter snooze-fest for many people (which is a issue of pacing, not of content itself).

So the solution entails addressing that rather then simply throwing it into the gutter, the sheer amount of work which went into the campaign compared to the other parts of the game is ridiculously high, hence it warrants effort to make this experience better rather then providing something new. Only when that is done branching out to new types of progression seems feasable.

Nothing personal, but if I was a developer for LE, I’d think twice before listening to any suggestion by people who use D4 as a positive example.
Edit: Maybe D4 has some good aspects, but making the game more casual because D4 did it is totally a recipe for disaster.

To add to this.

Just cuz one game (D3/D4) have said thing/s doesnt mean that every single diablo like needs to have said features.

This is something i wish more gamers would understand. As well as the balls to admit a said game may not be for u. Rather than trying to shift the game into something they would enjoy.

Same thing with wanting options. Whether or not one uses said options doesnt mean those that opt out arent affected as @Heavy stated. Or how options actually affect how the game is played.

Yes, but is it unreasonable to wish that a game that you’ve bought would be changed to something more that you’d like?

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that.

There is a point were where one does need admit a game isnt for them.

Example i bought and playe about 10 hrs of no rest for the wicked. I enjoyed what i experienced of it. Its just not my cup of tea.

Would i like to see that game become more of a diablo like yes. Thats not what the game is aiming for. Even tho the devs said watch out poe and diablo we are coming for u.

2 Likes