.,;--=faes

.;'][jwoa|

8 Likes

The moment I saw a backalley smithie’s hammer coming out I stopped using that skill

2 Likes

Nope… you are not the only one… and if you havent noticed it yet, Hammer Throws have some issues with collisions and targetting…

I am fairly certain I am not the only one hoping for a revamp of this skill in a future patch…

4 Likes

I am resoundingly confident that we’ll see a substantial upgrade to the Sentinel’s skill effects in the near future, among a number of other skills/effects in the other original (read; older) characters - among many other things.

EHG seems to realize this internally, and is consistently going back to update their older ideas, mechanics, models, art, etc to be in-line with their newer additions. I have the utmost faith that this will continue and we will see a release build where every class and every skill feels like it got the same update and polish treatment the newest added has, even if it’s one of the oldest.

1 Like

For me they nailed it with Javelin, especially with the Siege Barrage node. This skill feels very good to use.

If they can deliver the body tension that would be necessary to throw a hammer, this would mean a lot. The hammer model is not the most polished, but fir me it’s also the animation that has a big impact.

And its mother dresses it funny.

I really like the animation as well, feels like a step up compared to pretty much any other skills. Which isn’t surprising considering how new it is.

However, I do feel that the Sound FX don’t match it’s animation at all. It’s way too “swooshy” and almost makes me think of a throwing dart instead of hurling a big spear with or without crackling lightning.

Besides a needed visual refresh, I think it would be cool to see it reworked into a more diverse throwing ability with transmuters that give options for a variety of projectiles (similar to Forge Strike and Multistrike). You’d still have a Hammerdin path, but some more exciting visuals and mechanics with eg. throwing swords, axes or even larger hammers to replace the less interesting parts of the current tree.

And they need to work on the void conversion node in the hammer tree - way too expensive and the void disks are wonky at best on hills. A revamp would make it more viable and the throwing nodes more useful.

What really makes me stopped to use this skill is the interruption. I would like to move around and have it instant cast. Would make the flow much much smoother tho.

I don’t think this fits the skill. Throwing a hammer is not happening instant. If we talk about adding weight to the skill, making it instant is the wrong way.

1 Like

It would be more satisfying to watch IMHO if it traveled straight to the target, possibly with nodes adding more sfx as you juice it up.

Design-wise, I think that a few skills like Hammer Throw and javelin actually feel stronger the slower (and harder) they hit.
So perhaps increase the damage and balance with lower attack speed? IDK, I just think that it’s nice when projectile/thrown skills are different, and one way to make them different is separating the fast, volley-like attacks like a rain of arrows from the slow, calculated, meaty throws of an hammer.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.