Give us a WASD movement OPTION

Thanks for the feedback

3 Likes

Come on Mike just press the toggle to turn on WASD movement! Why are you gatekeeping!? Surely the animations and movement will flow totally naturally without any major changes XD

Citation needed.

Please please don’t waste your time with this. Even watching cat videos on Instagram would be a more productive use of time.

4 Likes

I haven’t laughed this hard at a Dev Response since Zantai on the GD Steam Forum said “OK” before immediately locking the post, to someone daring them to “lock the post to shut me down again!”

1 Like

I don’t understand why you’re so deadset on 8-directional movement. I thought about it some more, and WASD in an isometric game is always worse than gamepad. In an FPS/TPS, you can at least use the mouse to direct your movement making holding W give you free range of motion (think WoW/FFXIV, where you can hold Right Click + W to “drive” your character), but in an isometric game, you’re limited to 8 directions on WASD, I can’t go “slightly right of up” I can go up with W, right with D, or 45 degrees diagonally up/right with WD. With a Joystick I can get fine controlled movement, With a mouse it will autopath me around obstacles, with WASD I’m severely limited in my movement options. This is literally just the worst option of the lot. The only thing adding mouse targeting does is make Joystick infinitely better than anything else, WASD w/ Mouse Targeting will still be better than Mouse Movement, but gamepad will become the defining playstyle due to free range of movement AND the ability to move and cast in any direction which is absurdly OP.

Moving your mouse from one place on the screen to another adds maybe a couple milliseconds of delay before you start dodging boss mechanics. Though obviously you shouldn’t be able to move and cast/attack at the same time (except for instant skills) which i think is what has you upset about this suggestion.

I don’t think anyone here wants to be able to do that (or at least I think that they shouldn’t want that). WASD movement should stop while you are using a skill that has no use animation.
This is similar to current mouse movement. For example if I am clicking to the left, then moving my mouse to the right while not clicking but still moving to the left I can cast a skill to the right which makes my character stop, turn around and cast. So I don’t think there is any problem with animations here.

To be clear I am not saying this is a simple change or “oh just turn it on duh” but I believe that some of the issues you brought up don’t fully apply here.
Either way I’d love for there to be an option to use wasd instead of mouse as holding down left click for an hour plus really puts a strain on my hand.