General Feedback Day 1 0.9.2 Runes of Power

I would love to see these follow the targeted farm rules in empowered monos, where Lost Caches are guaranteed to drop 1 Unique/Set item from the ‘targeted farm’ items for that mono… (Sword/Dagger from Reign of Dragons for example).

4 Likes

Same here, I feel a bit lost with these Lost cashes, :sweat_smile:

I wouldn’t mind them spamming less and more hidden but with less random drops and more quality drops.

They follow exactly the same pattern of echoes, lots of drops, but overall meaningless drops, you can open like 10 of them, and get nothing special, the same way you could run 10 echoes and get nothing special.

3 Likes

This one is hilarious. I was leveling my runemage, got to Lagon, forgot about the patch note, and was wailing on it and screaming “THIS CHARACTER IS CRAP. I’M DOING NO DAMAGE.” Did that for about 30 seconds and then something dawned on me. “Wait, come to think of it I don’t remember tentacles here before…what the…”

:crazy_face:

DERP.

1 Like

“personal” items seem to almost allways have useless affix combos. There are no special uniques that only spawn in a cache that is in a very specific location - so I do not see a reason to go looking.

Compare this to grim dawn where there were tons of uniques like this.

That would be the galloping senility mate.

1 Like

I claim full ownership. I look back fondly on the young’uns who are still trotting.

Agree here… As much as I like that these have been added to the game - its seems like they are in every map I run (granted they are high corruption) and that tends to lessen the value of searching for them and I also find that they dont really drop that much, I think I got a decent rune or two but nothing special.

Perhaps this just needs some tweaking.

2 Likes

Yeah, for the starting players that is doing mono in it’s first or second char I guess it should be ok, and maybe it’s planned for these users, but it should be tweaked for the veteran player as well, maybe behaving different in higher corruption or adding more layers to these chests.

Could be improved to special chests with more rewarding itens ? For a given combination of the existing lost cash could have 3 versions of it, let’s say silver lost cash, golden lost cash and diamond lost cashes. One being more rewarding and meaningfull than the other.

It would be one more way to spice things up to veterans, otherwise it will be just one more content that will fall in the repetition territory, improving the feeling some players have to be wasting time.

1 Like

I’ve seen a cache drop 2 keys or several idols once, but most of the time it’s just a bunch of rare items. Not feeling any different from the chest at the echo end.
Exiled mages are fun, but there are too few affix variety. 16 hours played after the patch and yet to find Glyph of Insight. There are too few items, that I want to use Rune of Research on, more than one should drop from one mage.
Loading times are horrible when entering/leaving towns and in dungeons.
In some arenas there are huge FPS drops, up to 6 FPS. I’m always capped at 60 FPS with RTX 3060. This is a new bug, I’ve send a report, hopefully will be fixed soon.
My friend could not launch the game after installing, it worked only after reboot somehow.

Apparently known issue the 0.92a update mentions this

Interesting, I am having this one too… from Steam the game attempts to launch but nothing happens, no LE login launcher starts and nothing in Task Manager either. After a reboot it seems to work but I had it happen to me again after quitting the game and trying to start it up again without a reboot. May log a bug if I can find something more concrete to for the devs to work from.

EDIT: The game not launching seems to be a GPU driver issue… Still trying to figure out exactly how to get around it consistently.
EDIT2:- the problem seems to be Steam related - if I launch the game from the exe in the install folder, the game runs as expected but fails launching from Steam. I have logged a bug report.

1 Like

I have had a couple that dropped a decent number of Exalted items, so that made it more significant. The only problem still was that even most of those were hardly worth keeping.

To help keep it to one thread.

I’d just like to give a massive shout out to some of the unspoken visual aesthetics added. The entirety of the Immortal Empire area is awesome. And some of the subtle changes to Heoborea and Thetima are also grand. It’s made Heoborea even more my favorite area in the game (followed a close second by Soreth’ka.

Yeah, I really like the updated environments. However, they need to stop using doors, because they haven’t figured out how to make them work properly, and it annoys the heck out of me.

On a feedback note, I’m still not sure what to think of Runemaster mastery. Leveling from scratch, it was a fun ride. But somewhere around my 20th monolith, having to ‘queue up’ my Runic Invocation spell just became annoying, to the point of ‘not fun anymore’. It’s sad, because the concept has potential. I just (personally) don’t think the implementation of pre-casting a chain of spells is a viable way of doing it. shruf Just my opinion. Maybe Runic Invocation just isn’t the skill for me.

I can’t think of a better way of doing it, except perhaps allowing you to hotkey any of the 40 (or whatever) possibilities, and then having a rune recharge system like WoW Deathknights use. You would have a set number of runes of each element that recharge over time, like mana does (and can be manipulated as such), and casting spells help to recharge runes of the corresponding element faster.

Yeah, I actually posted an in-game bug for this. I like the actual animation and the LOOK of the doors but right now the execution is not that great. The biggest one that made me laugh was the new one into Yulia’s Haven. You actually walk through it before it even opens and the animation happens behind you.

I’ve gotten to Black Sun so far. About mid-level 40 I was having problems getting my head wrapped around it so I decided for now while I climb I’m just going to go full fire, full fire nodes and the big massive 3 rune blast. Get that to work so I can get to 80ish. Then I’ll start dinking around with figuring out how to make things flow better. I do think there needs to be a way to SEE the variable invocations and then I’m going to guess the whole concept has to be based setting up your character to use a handful of them as opposed to the deck-of-many-things way it feels right now.

Yeah, this has happened to me a few times so it’s not new to 0.9.2. I just can’t remember where it happened regrettably.

Oh, forgot to mention. Usually I don’t care about visuals and audio, but this time I’ve noticed a lot of improvements. Last Epoch is looking good.
The only exception was some animations not loading in tough arenas. Monsters slowly sliding at me was scary.

1 Like

I’ve been having to launch from game directory as well and running as admin. Sometimes I have to do it 2-3 times before it works. I don’t have any crash issues once I get the game to launch.

1 Like

And in case no one else has said it.

THANK YOU!!!

It’s the small things.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.