Gateway bosses are a showstopper

Completely valid , that’s a choice , keep the bosses and their function, but tweak some stuff
About that balancing, how do you feel about having more than 1 try? Its something that have been suggested more than once , but so far I haven’t seen many opinions.

I would be ok with having multiple tries for a boss, maybe 2 or 3?

But with two major conditions:

• If you fail, the boss get’s completely reset and you need to try again from the beginning
  • Lower try count on empowered timelines (only 1, max 2)
3 Likes

Fully agreed!

1 Like

Agree 100%

1 Like

Really? Without killing conquerors? With craftable watchstone now you can I guess, but before?

Couldn’t you just buy the white watchstones? Assuming you aren’t playing HCSSF like all the other “true PoE players”.

Yea, I mentioned now you can (craftable watchstones). But just prior to the current expansion, I am pretty sure you need to clear the conquerors (gain the quest watchstones), in order to progress to red maps.

No, when the Conquerers of the Atlas (3.9.0) launched, it launched with the ivory watchstones, so if you were willing to trade & buy enough then you’d be able to do any tier of maps.

Well only showstopper bosses are worth it. If every boss is a pushover you don’t get any sence of achivement out of what you doing. First time I fought Lagon I felt like running headfirst against a wall and took a long time to kill the sob.
With all my experince and different approaches I’m more then confiden’t to deal with him and have a good time and killspeed. I get bored from steamrolling stuff.

2 Likes

Ahhh right. The unique limited use watchstones. I dont like using them so didnt really think about it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure if the few builds I played tinted my experience. But I’m honestly surprised to hear this many “complains” about Lagon. I dont really find the fight being particularly punishing. And his set moves are all very predictable and well telegraphed.

The Lagon fight has quite a few issues related either to minions or his (its?) hitbox. If you have your LMB bound to “move & attack”, you’re a bit screwed.

1 Like

Since I finally managed to beat Lagon a few minutes ago (YES!) I can tell you that I had 3
issue:

The first was completely mine as I was misunderstanding the pattern of his moon beam and that caused my errors on avoiding it sometimes.

The second is with moon beam strength: if it catches me a little, even by a pixel :-), I have less
than one second to react otherwise is game over (while I have no problem tanking all other attacks with leech or rebuke). Honestly I’m not so fast but I understand that the beam is supposed to oneshot you by design so I accept it.

The third is with his health: by the time you arrive to Lagon you have at least one health modifier on the monolith, if not 2 or 3 (or glancing blow, critical avoidance, etc) if you avoid damage ones, so his health skyrockets and it makes the battle really long and boring.

I’m happy I beat him today, I suppose I can do it again now that I understood my error, but I don’t want to do it since it was like a chore and that is a loss for the game :wink:

1 Like

Why do you feel you cannot skip bosses in LE? During a Monolith run, there is always an alternative choice to the “story” encounter (and if you’re aiming for more loot, as opposed to a specific boss drop, this is probably preferred). Certain boss loot is build defining and blessings are powerful buffs, but if you’re a casual player they are not “required” to advance. A character with a 4xT5 item of desirable stats is definitely achievable without ever killing a boss and would make your character quite powerful.

Lagon is easy once you understand the telegraphs and mechanics. But, he is still horribly bugged. The OP referenced playing a Necromancer. I believe in order for your minions to reliably target Lagon (or other bosses such as the Bone Cairne in the Ruined Era) you have to stand on top of the boss or as close as possible for them to recognize it as a target. Otherwise, they run back and forth and occasionally engage.

If you’re playing Sentinel, you cannot Lunge at Lagon to trigger the critical strike chance buff. There are probably mechanics that frustrate other classes as well that will need to be cleaned up to make it a more enjoyable boss fight.

3 Likes

They need to take another look at the Lagon fight. It just doesn’t feel good at all. Just strange for most skills, etc.

1 Like

Hi, I mean I can’t advance and unlock higher level monoliths if I don’t do the previous boss.
If I don’t want to do bosses I can’t go ghigher than the lvl 55 monolith , with no access to several bases and T7.

Technicly it’s childsplay. sadly my movementskills don’t work well there and my dmg was abysmall vs him for whatever reason. Everything else was a pushover and he took 10+ mins ^^.

I can barely tell if my skills are even hurting him. The targeting is crappy.

If you struggle with the boss, but don’t have much issues with the normal echoes, choosing purely damage modifers can lead to an “easier” boss, especially for the bosses that solely rely on telegraphed or wind-up attacks like lagon.

I happily take all the damage modifers i can, when i am in the lagon timeline.
Because even without those, most of the stuff 1-shots you already.