Gamefeel and what we can learn from boomer shooters

Agree. We already have “powerups” in the form of shrines. I like vampire survivors and soulstone survivors too, but I’d rather LE do it’s own thing.

2 Likes

Yes, you do balance a game to remove as much RMT as possible since RMT is generally detrimental to the long-term health of your product.

That’s not a new concept and actually proven since the conception of persistent online gaming. Rarely it doesn’t affect a game negatively.

Putting a rune of Creation together with a Mirror is… just no :stuck_out_tongue: Don’t.

PoE 1 has, starting tomorrow :slight_smile:
And currency in general is a ‘medium of exchange’ which is generally accepted. For Path of Exile it would be Divine Orbs and Chaos Orbs by that definition. Everything exchanged with that hence a buy/sale and everything without them a ‘barter’.
But that’s a hassle :stuck_out_tongue:

It suffices to say that in Path of Exile the crafting materials are also currency.

Shrines in Path of Exile stand against that notion. Enjoyable, short term, function well.
Only depends on the implementation, nothing specific against them or for them.

Also we have that already with the - lackluster - shrines in the game. So the ask if to implement something which is already implemented :stuck_out_tongue:

If they get their optimization handled first sure.
Otherwise no thanks, don’t need more FPS dips then we already have :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

PoE1 by design has a barter economy. Thats what gives values to chaos. Chaos has intrinsic value, it can be used to craft/make items. And thus, it holds value on that notion alone. it was set up that way on purpose.

And just to clarify, poe2 gold is not tradable, and does not allow you to buy things with it. its an npc currency used to trade only with npcs for their services. they could change it to “ride tickets to ride the rides” and it would be the same thing.

As for the topic at hand. I think unironically LE needs some on kill explosions. this will slightly increase clear speed(I dont think LE has density like PoE where getting chain on kill effects will break the game) but what the onkill effects do is add that flair. Herald of Ice mathematically is pretty shit imo. but people run it all the time, why? cause even if its not really adding that much, it feels good to kill a pack and see fireworks go off.

This is hoaky to some, and key to others. They could make it an mtx, similar to poes “finisher” mtx, where it just plays a graphic that has no gameplay effect when you kill an enemy. That way its opt in. But I love shit like that myself. it adds weight to killing packs.

Nothing feels better then hitting a MASSIVE void cleave, that pops up 20k crits and all the enemy evaporate. Big MEATY hit, with BIG damage and big effect? Great gameplay feel.

Lightning smite dropping my frames to 0? also pretty good gameplay feel other then my rig exploding. Why? its colorful, bright, and impactful. Feels awesome as hell.

slapping an enemy with vengence rive or multstrike? snooze. if you could atleast make the enemies explode into fireworks on death, you might feel cool while playing those skills.

I also think another thing PoE has for gameplay feel is mtx. Skill mtx plays a huge part in skills feeling cool or interesting or vibing with the player. Boring normal SRS? its okay… BLOOD RAVEN SRS WITH PALADIN SMITE FINSHER? and cool ass dark edgy armor mtx? suddenly I feel like an epic dark character summoning my ravens to attack my foes etc.

like the samurai mtx in LE makes me feel more cool when i play melee lol. Ive played alot more melee since ive gotten it rofl.

So… what I said?

LE will also get them eventually. EHG is simply focused on adding core mechanics first before focusing on the whole seasonal model fully, which will include cycle-exclusive content and a little more focus on releasing MTX.

2 Likes

I might have skimmed. :stuck_out_tongue:

Which I agree with, but its one thing to consider when talking about gamefeel. people play these seasoned games and slap on all these cool effects and go “this game feels way better combat wise, there is core and explosions and cool shit” yeah now take off all mtx and play a boring skill like cleave, poe also feels extremely limp and uncool.

They added a lot of mtx this patch that I dont remember seeing mentioned but I might have just missed it. So they def adding mtx in droves even if we dont see it.

1 Like

It was part of the patch notes (already linked to section):

So far I think they’re only adding MTX to systems already developed and slowly adding new categories. This patch it was MTX titles.
I expect skill MTX will be one of the last to implement, since I imagine that will be harder to do.

Errr… yeah, wasn’t indicating otherwise.