Game is choosing the wrong server region

I’m from Brazil, and for some reason the game always puts me in either US central or US east as default. When I’m playing with a friend, it correctly chooses the SA servers. My ping is around 50ms- in the SA servers, and 150ms+ in the US servers.

I live in the northeast part of my country, while he lives in the south. Don’t know if that’s relevant.

5 Likes

I have the same problem but it seems that no one can help us. I was playing the first few days on the correct server, then the problem started. They should manually place the server selection just like the path of exile has.

Same for me. Please fix this before the launch :woozy_face:

also happends to me even on launch of MP im getting wrong server region to US Central instead of SA and only way to get there its with friends but cant do it alone and having 170ms+ makes it not fun.

still happening to me on launch as well - can we please just get to choosing servers? not only does the current system not work properly but also makes it a real drag to play with friends.

Yeah, guess we are screwed. Not even planned to be fixed

Sharing my temporary solution from another thread.

Hey mate

Sorry to hear about your issues

Show you support here by adding a vote

EHG have stated on Discord they are aware of a bug causing some SA players being connected to NA servers and are looking into it :slight_smile:

Source: Discord

1 Like

Happens to me as well, all my friends connect and play in SA server, only me connecting to NA servers. Now on multiplayer launch I have to wait in a queue that I don’t even want or need to be in the first place. Hopefully they find a fix for it soon!

Hey, thx for the reply, that’s all I want. I understand its a beta, and as long as its going to be fixed I’m ok with it. Last time I posted on discord the reply I received was that they had no intention of allowing us to manually select the server (or that it was an issue even)

This definetly works, tyvm. I’m using the PrivadoVPN and following your steps and it works like a charm. It seens to lock the region after you log in once with a character.
Just to confirm to anyone else reading: open the game with the VPN → Enter the game with your character → back to character screen (don’t close the game) → disable VPN → enter the game again

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.