Frost Claw | Coming in Runes of Power

cries in primalist ice thorns

8 Likes

One day soon I will dance on the grave of Ice Thorns, and none will stop me.

Just seeing Ice Thorns mentioned triggered a deep-seated response, I have forgotten what I wanted to say about Frost Claw.

1 Like

Ice thorn is set to be removed from the game.

1 Like

Looks fun, reminds me of Jumping Jet water fountain thingy :slight_smile:

One question :
Do you guys removed a skill to make space for Frost Claw?

Nope.

4 Likes

I thought it was mentioned that one of the base skills for mage went into Runemaster and that spot was filled by this.

I may be thinking of the Warlock convo though.

1 Like

Cold is useless for Mages everybody is gonna convert it to fire or lightning anyways so…

I may have missed it but which skills is being absorbed. Mage already has 8 and 4. So what’s moving where?

Another skill. Nothing is being moved or removed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:flushed: :flushed: :flushed:

In the base 8 or the 4?

Does this mean all base classes will be getting pushed up to 13?

EDIT: Eventually? :heart_eyes:

Over the many years we continue to add content to Last Epoch, there will surely be many more skills for each class with each mastery. There will pretty much always be some with more than others in the ebb and flow of patches that give different skills or masteries to different classes. There’s no hard rule that every class must always and forever have the exact same number of skills.

4 Likes

I think it’s natural for people to use guidelines as precedent and when all the other skills have 8 and 4 (except rogue which has been mentioned it’ll get more) it looks like that’s the ‘standard’. So this helps to clarify that. Thank you!

Excited for the new skill!

@AndrewTilley tag. :smiley:

1 Like

Have you heard of glacier? Cold frostbite Volcanic orb?

Glacier is the only viable skill in your list and still nobody plays that so… I know all the skill don’t worry

I used a +4 Icethorn chest, tried almost all combos so far (need to try spamming totems on top for the extra More % damage per Totem) and I feel you.

Andrew’s thread includes a few comments from Mike regarding a skill being replaced updated or moved for Mage.

I guess… things changed… and we just get an extra one!

Woohoo!

Neat another spammable spell always good though the positioning seems pretty similar to marrow shards.

Ailments pretty meh right now so not likely unless rework incoming? (or just revert of the ailment effect affixes)

1 Like

Very nice! :heart_eyes:

Really looking forward to play Frost Claw, i almost feel like i just want to play this and not Runemaster, but will def. try Runemaster since it got so many combos and i really like trying new things, i can say that i played almost all classes and alot of builds, also as you mentioned damage over time and as someone mentioned here that they are in really bad state and lacking damage and thats why nobody plays it and its not just my opinion but its confirmed by big streamers who know game much better, so may i ask if you are going to adress this issue in 1.0?