Frog of War(d) [Arena 500+ | Speed-Runner | Tank | High DPS | Monolith-Farmer]

people need to stop talkin’ crap about dancing strikes. it’s fun >:(

Then help Augusto422 with a decent build for it. Though it’s going to be quite a different one to Krucious’.

I wish Dancing Strikes could be utilized in a good way - since (on paper), there are so many good nodes inside its tree (lots of dodge, lots of damage reduction, serious damage buffs).
I only - and that with passion - have one problem with Dancing Strikes: its animation time! you basically block your other “free of CD” skills, watching and waiting for Dancing Strikes to have fullfilled its 3 attacks…
In a “spam your buttons” build - such as mine - i cant afford to waste free global time in which i could have generated ward, thrown out additional daggers or travelled through the whole map. :smiley:

I don’t understand what you mean. You can use any ability when you need or want to between Dancing Strikes strikes. You hold down DS then press Smoke bomb and it does that then goes back to DS’s strike: DS -> Smoke Bomb -> DS. You don’t have to wait to finish all three strikes???

Try the following: spam Dancing Strikes button while also spamming Synch. Strike. You will end up seeing, that Synch. Strike is delayed by (let’s say) 100-200ms… sum that up. :wink:
Results for me were: about 500 less ward when integrating DS into my “rotation”.

You don’t need to spam Dancing Strikes to use it. Just hold down the DS key and then tap SS when its off CD. It will use it next.

And there we have the issue. :wink:

Again I don’t understand your issue. When you use both together there is a difference in cool downs which you might be experiencing. The best way to get around that is just to hold down DS and keep tapping SS and it will use it when the CD is cleared.

Why is that bad though? It’s using Synch Strike at the next available point, just like it would if you were holding down any other non-channelled skill.

CD of SS is cleared, DS is still performing its attacks - you press SS and wait for DS to have finished its attack before SS is cast. This small amount of time (100-200ms) is delaying my SS.

Maybe it’s just me, if everyone goes fine with DS. shame on me then :smiley:

If DS is in mid animation it waits for that strike to finish before using SS. Since SS/DS cds aren’t synced sometimes you get moments where your SS is off cd but when you tap SS you are in a DS animation. Which you have to wait till one strike is over before you can weave in another ability. That is 100% normal interaction.

Cool down recovery helm can help. Normally when I use both together I sometimes get 2 DS between SS CDs but I can also consistently do DS -> SS - DS -> SS too.

1 Like

Exactly this is what hinders me from using DS (at least in a build like this). Thanks! I was in doubt if i am unable to explain things due to language handicap or something. :slight_smile:

I have T5 cooldown recovery btw… doesnt change this interaction, though.

The only thing I would suggest is not to spam both buttons but hold down dancing strikes and spam SS (or hold both down). You will probably more constantly get SS up as soon as it’s available.

That’s how skill-queueing works. The game doesn’t know that SS is your priority & that it should therefore delay DS is the remaining cooldown of SS is less than the animation time of the next DS.

Every skill works like this, it’s not just DS.

GAMEPLAY VIDEO - MONOLITH 100+

2 Likes

Is it macros causing the skills to flash so much or just the recording device?

That’s likely a macro/num lock trick.

In this case, simply an “autofire” mouseware based legit feature.
Same concept as the num lock thing, so no violation against the TOS - if that’s what your question aimed for. :wink:

Rouge:
https://imgur.com/4SP8qjb

Sorry, had to :grin:

3 Likes

No I was just really curious why yours were flashing but mine stay dark shaded, but your answer makes sense. I thought maybe you were actually just spamming the buttons that hard and i was going to salute you for the arthritis you going to have soon lol

2 Likes