Frog of War(d) [Arena 500+ | Speed-Runner | Tank | High DPS | Monolith-Farmer]

Why is that bad though? It’s using Synch Strike at the next available point, just like it would if you were holding down any other non-channelled skill.

CD of SS is cleared, DS is still performing its attacks - you press SS and wait for DS to have finished its attack before SS is cast. This small amount of time (100-200ms) is delaying my SS.

Maybe it’s just me, if everyone goes fine with DS. shame on me then :smiley:

If DS is in mid animation it waits for that strike to finish before using SS. Since SS/DS cds aren’t synced sometimes you get moments where your SS is off cd but when you tap SS you are in a DS animation. Which you have to wait till one strike is over before you can weave in another ability. That is 100% normal interaction.

Cool down recovery helm can help. Normally when I use both together I sometimes get 2 DS between SS CDs but I can also consistently do DS -> SS - DS -> SS too.

1 Like

Exactly this is what hinders me from using DS (at least in a build like this). Thanks! I was in doubt if i am unable to explain things due to language handicap or something. :slight_smile:

I have T5 cooldown recovery btw… doesnt change this interaction, though.

The only thing I would suggest is not to spam both buttons but hold down dancing strikes and spam SS (or hold both down). You will probably more constantly get SS up as soon as it’s available.

That’s how skill-queueing works. The game doesn’t know that SS is your priority & that it should therefore delay DS is the remaining cooldown of SS is less than the animation time of the next DS.

Every skill works like this, it’s not just DS.

GAMEPLAY VIDEO - MONOLITH 100+

2 Likes

Is it macros causing the skills to flash so much or just the recording device?

That’s likely a macro/num lock trick.

In this case, simply an “autofire” mouseware based legit feature.
Same concept as the num lock thing, so no violation against the TOS - if that’s what your question aimed for. :wink:

Rouge:
https://imgur.com/4SP8qjb

Sorry, had to :grin:

3 Likes

No I was just really curious why yours were flashing but mine stay dark shaded, but your answer makes sense. I thought maybe you were actually just spamming the buttons that hard and i was going to salute you for the arthritis you going to have soon lol

2 Likes

:smile:
True, that would kill my hands soon.

Well, holding down three buttons is acrobatic also. :wink:

1 Like

I’m absolutely loving this build. I’m only lvl 73, but man I’m flying through echoes. And I’ve only got one of the shadow dagger idols so far.

For anyone wondering, this build does just fine even without the idols and uniques (still haven’t managed to get any of the daggers… poignards so hard to gamble at lvl 50+ since they never show up on the merchant >.< ). I’ve been playing this build since I hit EoT around lvl 24, and I tore through the campaign in just a couple of hours, including all the side quests and while playing SSF.

So while I’m sure those uniques do add a lot to the build, it works very well even without them (though I’m looking forward to adding them on as soon as I find any). Did get lucky and find a very nicely rolled Undisputed, which did crank my damage considerably.

What I love about this build is the mobility. I mostly play melee builds. I’ve done a shatterstrike SB, Rive VK, Regifter pally, and a few others, but I think because the SS animation has your character jumping forward a bit, it just FEELS better. All the other melee characters I played required you to stand perfectly still to do the attack.

Bravo, great build sirs.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your feedback, i appreciate that!
I’m glad this build also does a good job in terms of leveling without the “perfect” gear.

Small trick on this:
Gamble for the unique daggers with a character who is lvl 52-53 (an alt maybe).
Doing it that way, only the equippable weapons up to lvl 52/53 (and therefore also poignards) will show up.
Next weapons start at 54. There are about 30 weapons from 54-75 that would share space with your desired type of dagger and which you can “skip”. This increases the chance on gambling for it a bit.

Edit: Ok, i see… kinda hard to do that when playing SSF… :smiley:
Never the less, this maybe a suited method for anyone not playing SSF but having the same gambling problems.

2 Likes

Crossing my fingers you guys are smarter than me, and manage to figure out a way to make this build work after the patch changes… can’t function the way it did before due to major mana issues now :frowning: Too bad, really loved this build, lol.

Sadly i have to agree with you…
Tried out mana efficiency in all possible ways (idols, helmet, chest, amulet) but ended up mana starving. The interaction of SS and SC tends to be R.I.P. actually… :frowning:
(at least in a spammable matter)

“plus to skill tree” affixes wont help either… There is no more mana refunding we could pick up…

As one of the first characters I built and synergy between skills I enjoyed, I’m sad to see it nerfed.

Best I can do to keep it ‘working’ is to remove the point from Wave of Darkness, and use Shadow Cascade itself, or to keep Wave, and remove Dark Allies, but both aren’t spammable.

Kinda frustrating, the build was quite fun and my progression and gear building for it felt great.

I really hope that in future the devs consider reversing it. I don’t care if they nerf the damage… hell, they could cut it in half. It’s more that playing this built FELT so good. The fact that you can move and attack at the same time really just made such a big difference in how smooth it felt.

As much as I hate to say it, playing any other melee builds just feels so clunky now. Which is sad because I mostly play melee :frowning:

Ok, now here’s the workaround:

This build is still playable - smooth and spammable as it was before - ofc with a bit of a downside…

Changes to passives:

• Respec Excuberance (and some points of the linked passives also)
  • Spec into Death’s Door.

Changes to gear:

• Equip the unique boots Last Steps of the Living.

Changes to skills:

• Dismiss the Dark Allies node from Synchronized Strikes. (sadly… :frowning:)

Conclusion:

• We can play this as a LowLife-Build!
    The node Swift Recovery from Shift tripples our mana refund when we are below 50% hp.
    Without Dark Allies, the mana consumption is balanced when shifting every 1.8 seconds.

Yea… Downside…:

• 2 Shadows less, less flying Daggers, less ward gain.
    But Hey…! We take 24% less damage, thanks to Death’s Door passive. :wink:

I’m gonna figure out, which new affixes to stack - and how to finetune the passives to make up the damage loss.

Damage is still fine, don’t get me wrong (i mean… it was overtuned before, no doubt).

So, hope this helps!
Good night :slight_smile:

5 Likes