Frequent crash to desktop after 0.7.8x

Within 30 minutes of starting the game it crashes to the desktop seemingly at random. I started a new Primalist with 0.7.8 and it has happened like this every time and he is up to over level 10 now. There would be the occasional crash before 0.7.8 but nothing with this kind of frequency. On one of the crashes the Unity error window appeared briefly after crash, but not on the other 5 crashes or so. Windows 10 is up to date. Radeon drivers are up to date. AMD Ryzen 3800 CPU, Radeon 5700XT GPU

I have edited the log file because it was 14MB and too big to upload. I removed over 10,000 (not kidding) copies of “d3d11: failed to lock buffer 00000246DF54B158 of size 65536 [0x8007000E].” to get the file size from 14MB to 37KB. The log file from a second crash is only 9.7MB of mostly that same error line, “d3d11: failed to lock buffer 00000246DF54B158 of size 65536 [0x8007000E].”
copy-paste of log file.txt (36.1 KB)

There seems to be a common issue with 5700 users, have you tried the advice here?

Same here, started a new Primalist and seeing the same random crashes. I’m running an NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 Windows 10 box. The logs show a lot of

JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more the x frames old - this is not allowed and likely a leak (Filename: Line: 554

Further up the log entries I’m seeing:
A scripted object (probably ShaderPainterObjectID?) has a different serialization layout when loading. (Read 32 bytes but expected 72 bytes Did you #ifdef UNITY_EDITOR a section of your serialized properties in any of your scripts?

Hope that helps with the debugging…

I have tried the Vulcan wrapper as suggested by Llama8 and it has stopped the crashes.

I’m also getting frequent crashes, seeming to be unity crashes since .7.8c (not b or a). Further, it’s always on map/character load in, and also a bug where maps will load completely black (But UI and HUD are visible as normal), though it doesn’t stop gameplay/monsters, it’s just playing blind. Sometimes zoning out and back in fixes it, but not always.

Using a GTX 1080, Win 10

Update: I was able to reproduce the crash, and found a work around.

Reproduce: started a new Primalist, spec for lighting (and spell damage), go for shaman. Crashes each time I enter Imperial Welryn. Skils: summon wolf, summon sabertooth, healing wind, maelstrom, swipe.

Work around: leveled in the Monolith for a bit, went back to Imperial Welryn and did not experience any crashes.

I did not keep track of my equipment or passives or traits in each skill though, sorry :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.