Fractured Crown Questions

Heya, I’m currently trying to collect all uniques/sets in the game. Only have a few left and I’m wondering exactly how to get the Fractured Crown. So far I’ve read that you have a chance to get it (0.1%) from a destructive fracture. Is this true? Also can you get it from destructive fracture on ANY item, or does it have to be a Jewelled Circlet? (I can’t seem to find that particular base except the unique version) Any info on this would be appreciated, thanks for reading!

I am pretty sure it is no longer possible to get this item, since they removed destructive fractures from the game.

1 Like

https://imgur.com/a/2cjxDPK Have they not updated the UI to reflect that? Just took this in-game current patch.

i think originally they said they were going to remove them but then in the patch notes they were just downgraded. i believe formerly they removed all affixes, completely bricking the item. now i believe they are just a more severe version of damaging fractures, which reduce all affixes by 1-2 tiers. i’m going to try to find those patch notes and then i’ll update this post with the link.

edit: that took less searching than i expected: Beta 0.7.10 Patch Notes

Thanks for clarifying! Still curious as to how to get Fractured Crown, can anyone answer 1st post questions on it?

i’m not sure, the only info i have on the fractured crown is from LEtools which says it’s a 0.01% chance on a destructive fracture (not 0.1% as stated in OP). i believe this info was obtained from datamining.

i don’t know if anyone has done extensive testing on how to obtain one. it would be quite tedious, first getting enough instability on an item to make a destructive fracture possible, then hitting the smaller percentage chance to get destructive rather than damaging or minor, THEN having only 1 in 10000 chance of getting the fractured crown. i can’t imagine slogging through this process for one item type, let alone multiple.

i suspect it can happen on any base, because 1) it’s on a base that no longer drops in the game, so it can’t be restricted to that base, and 2) considering how low the chance is, restricting it to a low-level base would make it astronomically unlikely since very few people would ever even try to craft an item that low to the point required.

this leaves the question: can it happen on item types other than helmets?

i really don’t know. since it’s very unlikely to happen at all, making it possible on any item type would increase the chances of players getting one a significant amount. it seems to have been added as a sort of fun easter egg (like when you find a Beer instead of a Health Potion or when your summoned companions have proper names) probably intended to be found accidentally. my point being that it’s not clear if the devs want it to be more or less likely to happen. more likely means more people get a chance to appreciate the cleverness and wit that went into designing the item, less likely means it’s even more special for those precious few who obtain it.

it’s fairly strong but not insanely powerful and has a major downside (you have no ward), so it’s not particularly chase-worthy, aside from the novelty of having an extremely unlikely item.

unless the devs want to chime in and give away the secrets behind the item (which i doubt they will), it’ll just be something we have to wonder about.

if famed PoE-thing-tester slipperyjim8 ever picks up LE, i can see this being the sort of project he would take on.

It is currently not possibly to obtain the Fractured Crown. However we’re trying to figure out how to bring it back, as it hasn’t actually been removed from the game.

7 Likes

I think it should be a reward for killing the Dragon Emperor as a Blade dancer with a 2-h weapon. @KissingAiur & @Boardman21 would be well up for that.

2 Likes

I think it should be a quest reward for blocking @Llama8 and all his silly 2h nonsense

3 Likes

Thank you for the answer, looking forward to chasing it when it comes back!

Fake news.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.