Forge Strike "Bellows" node clarification

Bellows node deals increased dot damage equal to stun chance, but what effect does melee stun chance have?
More detailed tooltips on individual skill damage breakdowns would solve questions such as these

If you go to tunklab you can search individual skills and probably answer majority of questions about them. You can also go to the last epoc wiki(stun chance) and look up ailments and on-chance mechanics. The wiki is limited on information, but from personal experience has been good for some things.

This node does not change the effect of stun chance, it just makes it so that it also applies in some way to damage over time. Essentially you double dip from stun chance with Forge Strike.

Hope that helps.

This node does not change the effect of stun chance, it just makes it so that it also applies in some way to damage over time.

No, I’m talking about the skill node specifically. The node says “stun chance” but there is also melee, throwing or spell stun chance in the game. Im asking what effect those modifiers have , if any.

This is a great source of info out of the game.

This info is also availible ingame in the game guide you can access by pressing “g” by default.

Im afraid you dont understand what im saying.
What effect does melee, throwing and spell stun chance have on the bellows node for forge strike?

Yeah. I don’t understand. Because you specifically asked

Melee stun chance only applies to melee hits. Throwing stun chance only applies to throwing hits. Pure Stun chance without anything applies to all hits, no matter if bow, spell or throwing. There’s no affix for spell stun chance, but its unique start that can be found on some unique items.

I’m afraid, I don’t understand what you want to know.

The bellows node adds stun chance from your items to damage over time effects applied with Forge Strike. Exactly as it says. If you have 50% increased stun chance on your gear, it applies 50% increased damage to every ailment that procs when attacking with FS.

1 Like

If you have 50% increased stun chance on your gear, it applies 50% increased damage to every ailment that procs when attacking with FS.

So throwing and melee stun chance have no effect?

I did a quick test for you.
I used both Sentinel nodes:
‘‘Overwhelm’’ (Sentinel passive) → Increased Melee Stun Chance
‘‘Peltast’’ (Forge Guard passive) → Increased Throwing Attack Stun Chance
And i crafted myself a 2Hand weapon with 200% increased Stun Chance.

Both Stun Chance and Melee Stun Chance affected my Ailment dps for Bellows Forge Strike node, but not Throwing Attack Stun Chance, since Forge Strike is considered a Melee skill.

Not a bad question though, since some skilltree nodes do not work as intended or have bad wording.

3 Likes

thank you

Ahh… Now I got it. :grin: I’m sorry. @TriKster answered your question then, I guess.

It’s not fully clear in the tooltip if throwing stun chance would affect that node. Purely based on how LE logic works, I would have expected what Trix tested. Since FS has the melee tag, the node would only take generic and melee stun chance into account.

I’d really love if we get a skill tooltip at some point, where we can also see such things like that:

• what’s the effective bonus damage for this node with the current gear
  • and what’s the origin (like 20% from gloves, 35% from weapon = 55% increased damage for ailments.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.