Force-stop key needs adjusting

Basically all ARPGs in existence allow you to hold down shift to force your character to stand still, but this game doesn’t. It’s been more or less a standard since Diablo 1.

This game definitely needs this as well. For some reason mobs in this game are sometimes hard to target and your character will just move up to or around them when you want to hit them. Having this force-stop key to prevent movement would help tremendously in alleviating this.

EDIT: Apparently there is already such a key on shift. The problem is when you have an attack on the left mouse button or even if you’re just moving around, the game won’t react to the pressing of shift if the left mouse button is already being held down. Currently you need to let go of the left mouse button, then press shift, and then press the left mouse button again. Incredibly clunky. This needs to work like in any other ARPG, so that pressing shift works even if you’re already holding down the left mouse button.

I just tested this using Temepst Strike on a Primalist in the End of Time near the training dummy, and the Shift key does seem to be working. Which skill(s) do you find it isn’t working with?

I don’t think he means while you’re using a skill, just when you’re moving, if you hold down a key (usually shift) the player character stops moving.

1 Like

I’ll be damned. I have almost 60 hours played and I didn’t think this key was working even though I constantly press shift out of habit from other games. But I know what the problem is now.

If you press shift, then start attacking, it’ll work fine. The problem is when you have an attack on your left mouse button, you hold down the left mouse button and then press shift, it’ll do nothing. You have to release the left mouse button, then press shift, then press the left mouse button again for it to work.

You need to change this so that shift takes effect even if you are already holding down the left mouse button.

2 Likes

I totally agree that some change should be made when pressing Shift+Left Mouse button.
Intuitively if you’re pressing “Stand Still” button then your character shouldn’t move from clicking the ground anywhere.
The only exceptions would be teleporting/dashing skills where your character would move in the direction of the destination, max possible range of skill, but stand still immeditaley after arriving/dashing.

Also, everyone that agrees a review should take place, please Vote!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.