First time player experience

Hey all, I’ve hit lvl 90 with my first character and just wanted to share some minor feedback in the hopes of improving the game. I’ve honestly loved my time so far with this game and I’m looking forward to exploring more classes and masteries.

On a whole the game has been great, the crafting system, character progression, skill-skill trees and combat feel have all been excellent. The fact that I tried to come up with as much criticism/feedback as possible and only came up with such a short list is most impressive (You should see the list for D4!)

1. 2 clicks to shop? Reduce to one. Clicking the vendor should instantly bring up their inventory, at least in the Monolith area
  2. Crafting is too click intensive.
    2a)Right clicking a rune or glyph should clear it.
    2b)Upgrading with Glyph of Chaos should keep the same slot selected for quicker re-rolls.
    2c)Should make it possible to view what affixes can be applied even if you do not have the shards.
    3)Respec-ing
    3a)Can respec skills in a menu but have to travel to a vendor to respec passives… why? Keep the gold cost but allow it to be done anywhere.
  3. Inventory
    4a)Minor glitches with parts of item being off the top of the screen.
    4b) Allow the Quick View to be expanded to show two columns of categories to reduce need for scrolling.
    4c) Allow for collapsing of categories within Quick View.
    4d Allow for rearranging of tabs and categories from Quick View.
  4. Items and Affixes
    5a) Filter can sometimes be too vague (Vigorous health, life health etc). Make these explicit
    5b) Some vague terms or sentences use that don’t help new users (“improves skills that rely on carefully studied magic” / “innate magic inside you and your surroundings”)
  5. Better 21:9 support. The map in particular needs some superwide love.
  6. A way to cancel side quests so I don’t have them all active on the right side of the screen whilst playing.

Hope this feedback helps, much love to the developers!

3 Likes

Hello @Horza1 and welcome to the LE community.

Great concise feedback!

Lots of points that I don’t remember coming up regularly, but alot of them would definitely improve the experience in small incremental ways.

Not only that, but most of your points are small QoL or nuianses.
So I guess that really says that you really enjoyed the game at its core.

I don’t have much to add, but one point I wanted to elaborate on:

While I don’t know if they remove the NPC requirement, they already working on a ways to Respec multiple passive points with only one confirmation needed at the end.

Yeah the fundamental systems feel great and well thought out. All the things I wish were different are very minor and certainly not deal breakers.

Thanks for the info on the upcoming respec adjustments, looking forward to seeing what comes of it.

Couple of other points (again very minor!)~

Increase pick up radius of auto collect
Make all crafting materials auto collect as well

That is funny.
They literally just increased the auto collect radius by a whooping 25% with the latest major patch.

And while for you it might be a minor thing, the auto collect is a massive intervention into the basic gameplay loop.

The devs do not want this to be automated.

There are countless of threads regarding this topic, I highly suggest browsing through the forums and you will literally find hundreds of posts across a dozen different threads.

Haha glad it got boosted, sounds liek I came in at the right time :smiley:

I’d be interested in hearing the devs take on why shards should be picked up manually. I’ll have a nosey and see what I can find. I think the annoyance comes from the fact the shards don’t alll get picked up if they dropped from two groups (or maybe its they are too far away).

This is the most recent info about passive reset, I think. The thumbnail is misleading it’ll take you straight to the Passive Reset section in the article.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

Yeah, like Heavy said, at least many of these have been asked for before in one way or another and it’s good to see the feedback from a fairly new player.

This one I would really like to see as it gets annoying. If we didn’t want to shop we wouldn’t click on the vendor.

The only issue I see with it is that there are some vendors that have other options. They are just story immersion type stuff but one actually leads you to a secret vendor. You probably don’t even need to ask that question of the vendor to find the secret vendor but it would still be immersion.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.