Figuring out the damage of minions

So I currently play a Beastmaster build. I also have a second Primalist with totems.
The problem I have with those is that I don’t see a way to see the damage output of my minions and totems. Yes, the character page shows the percentage of increased minion and spell damage. But the abilities themselves just show - - in the DPS field.

I wish there was a clean way to see at a glance how new / different gear equipped changes the damage output of my minions and totems. Am I missing something?

6 Likes

Give a vote to this then :wink:

2 Likes

Closest we have right now is to use the training dummies outside of the Arena. Not ideal but you can swap gear and check how the numbers change.

Most ARPG’s have issues with this though. Closest to being to tell you a decent number was PoE but that was not due to the game itself but rather it’s third-party tool Path of Building.

Technically, it should still be possible to have DPS calculations for anything.
You’d need to implement an internal simulation that triggers all your equipped skills / minion attacks on standardized theoretical targets of your current level whenever the skills are available. It has to factor in cooldown and ailment duration and damage, predict that for as long as necessary to have each skill been applied at least 3 times. Calculate the damage for the nearest full second and divide by the amount of seconds. Since you have all the values available like skill cooldown and ailment duration, mana and rage pool / cost and regeneration speed, damage, etc. this simulation doesn’t have to be realtime.

The important bit is to run this with all your currently equipped skills, gear values and minions, so the damage is in context of your complete setup and player stats.

So you throw all the relevant numbers together for a while and record the damage output, but you can use a factor to speed things up. With a factor of 1000 for example, you can run this calculation for milliseconds instead of seconds, and then just correct the endresult with the same factor to get back to the value for seconds.

1 Like

Summon one single minion at a time when you do this. It helps a lot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.