Feedback Thread - Monolith Rework

Yaa it gets faster (and eventually harder) as you go out for sure, but I know im not the first one to ask for the instability requirement to be more like 300 to clear 3 bosses (rather than 800, which takes me a few nights), this pic here shows the L100 requirement:

https://imgur.com/a/Z1W1PDb

Welcome to the forums:
EHG did attempt to solve the skip the mob issue with the kill to discover objectives.
Clearing mobs should be the way to gain stability to advance the questline to the next quest echoes. The idea of stability being that with enemies gone there is no longer a threat and the timeline becomes stable…

The EHG team takes the harsh criticism pretty well as long as it is not vulgar or in violation of the TOS.

1 Like

there definitely needs to be more incentive to clear an echo. maybe there can be a counter where once you kill certain amount of mobs in an echo you can double the stability you get from completing the echo. At least something, otherwise it’ll always be straight to the objective and done

1 Like

I have thought about a simple progress bar as long as time is NOT a component. Anytime you make speed a component for completion you are right back at the same issue of bypassing the mobs. Now killing things should not slow down the time too much, and many of the mobs have less than 1k hp even up in the 85 mono. So damage should not be an issue. It is more about are you stacking the right defenses to mitigate the incoming damage. Slower DoT builds are at a disadvantage here, so maybe look at the ailments and potentially giving certain play styles a bit of a boost.
With that being said not every build has to be “S” tier to clear the game. Even “B” tier builds are capable of clearing the game. It is a difficult balance between one button clear screen builds and some level of rotation and tactics being used to survive.

I’m pretty sure you got what i meant, but just in case i’m going to reply to this. It’s not about the fun you get while playing a videogame i was describing there. It’s about how artificial it would feel, to have a slider. English is not my native tongue, so i guess the quid pro quo could come from there.
I don’t want a slider into my UI before / meanwhile i play. i’m there to slay monsters, and if there i can influence stuff like corruption or rewards, i should spend time doing it while killing monsters than navigating some UI.
The way EHG implemented it is good IMO, it just needs polish and balance. As i said, we need a an “easy” way to get rid of the corruption if we wanted to. Maybe fight a boss, get a quest to cleanse an area from the corruption or whatever can come to mind. But please no slider.

This is exactly what i don’t want. I played 2k hours of D3, and i like the game, it has its qualities, and a lot of polish compared to PoE.

But as soon as they reworked the difficulties, the game went downhill. Those sliders don’t change a thing but the scaling, it doesn’t add any depth, it’s just a way to counter act (especially with t10 and t13) the powercreep that went out of control.

EDIT : before playing PoE, i would have agreed to you view btw. It’s just that after grinding a few of the atlas part of the game, i realised it has the crazy upside of setting goals and making the players feels progression. Whereas a slider is just ok, i’ve got this gear i can start doing 300 corruption run. not really inventive, not really adding commitment on the player part.

There’s quite a few problems with reducing the stability requirements for monoliths, especially the empowered monoliths.

If you reduce the stability to 300 so that you get one roll of the dice each day, anybody who has more time would get several attempts each day/session. Which leads to…

If you reduce the requirements to 1/3 of what they are now then it’ll be massively easier to get the BIS blessing/unique that you’re looking for (which is a bad thing, to this extent). If the blessings/uniques are balanced around a certain average amount of time required to get them then making them much easier to obtain means they would need to be nerfed.

If you reduce the empowered monos to 250-350, the normal monoliths would have to be adjusted down to 100-200 in order for them to not require more than the empowered versions. It’d probably take only an hour or two to run through all of the normal monoliths!

Yeah, the different timelines all have different stability requirements. Fall of the Outcasts requires 750, Stolen Lance/Blood, Frost & Death/Black Sun requires 800, Ending the Storm/Fall of the Empire/Reign of Dragons require 850 & Last Ruin/Age of Winter/Spirits of Fire require 900.

Yeah, it can be difficult to communicate what one means at times even between native speakers.

If you do a Shade closer to the centre of the web it will give less corruption & if it’s sufficiently close to the centre it will reduce the corruption you have. Whether there should be an additional way to fully reset a monolith without having to do a boss is a different question & it may not be an unreasonable request.

The counter to that is, if you’ve got a build that can do much harder content, why “should” you have to snooze through the easier content to get to the challenging stuff? This is historically more of an issue with Arena & it’s why they added the golden keys to restart at wave 80.

I know that. But right now it’s too weak of an option. Let’s say every 100 corruption stack, a new echo or event appear near the centre of the web, giving you access to a raw reduction of corruption as an outcome. That would be more reliable that’s what is in the game for now. It’s too rare of an occurence and too rng reliant.
This is what i meant by more polish : the management of corruption feels not finished yet.

Absolutely true. That’s why i think we need more ways to manage corruption. Boost it faster if that’s what we want to do. Echoes / event that grant corruption or remove some depending on how you approach them, etc.

The whole corruption aspect of the game lacks depth in my opinion.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.